Some new black metal courtesy of Profound Lore. The band describes their sound as "raw schizophrenic angular spiraling black metal" which does a pretty good job of describing the album. There's an old school approach to a lot of the riffs and plenty of Tom G "ooh"s throughout. I think Malokarpatan fans will get in to this. Artwork is great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcoeM-dpKfU

Raw, schizophrenic, angular and spiralling wouldn't be adjectives I'd associate with Malokarpatan so I'd have overlooked this of you hadn't mentioned them.  I'll give them a listen later.

I would say it appeals to Negative Plane fans over Malokarpatan.

Have gone back to the 2 released tunes a few times over the last few weeks so will give the whole thing a lash this morning.

Hmmm, despite being a fan of NP, I haven't liked any band I've listened to who have been likened to them. The thick plottens...

Reverb baby. This is def more "angular".  Digging the shit out of it anyway.

Gave a coupe of songs a listen last night. Defo hear a bit of NP and maybe more Funereal Presence in the mix. It just doesn't really come close to either, though. Both of those bands are blazing their own trail I think,  whereas SP seem to be following their lead without really bringing anything of their own to the mix. I think I'm just a bit jaded  :laugh:

Have lilstened to it a few times but I'm still undecided. I think because it's not as good as either NP or FP it can stand alone; as much of a contradiction as that seems. Maybe it's just different enough. Need a few more listens anyway.

Might be just that I'm currently on a slightly different buzz,  too.

I think it sounds grand but that might be the "ooh"s