Surprised there's been little chat about this lot and release so far.

Bound to appeal to many here - a contemporary death metal super group, of sorts, featuring members of Blood Incantation, Spectral Voice, Primitive Man.

Chaotic yet intricate, and densely atmospheric. Very impressive release.

I have to go back to it. I gave it a cursory listen a few weeks ago and my initial response was that it sounded really appealing in regards to the production style, but the music itself was ordinary. I may be suffering from noisy, cavernous DM fatigue, though. It sounded to me a bit like a condensed version of 'Lunarterial', whereas the sprawling nature of that album is a huge part of its charm. But yeah, it might be one I revisit and reassess when the time is right.

It's fantastic. I was unsure at first if it was just amazingly produced, which it is, but repeat listens broke it down and it's savage. Definitely lends heavily from Lunarterial and Katharsis - Fourth Reich but it works especially because not many do. Also, most US death metal around now is pedestrial rehashed pish so this is welcome.

It's fine,but  like a lot of this stuff I cant see myself reaching for this over something like the Crucifier demos or "Barathrum V.I.T.R.I.O.L"-both of which it puts me in mind of. We'll see how it holds up in a year.  I really like the slower bits,that's where the "Lunarterial" comparison sticks out to me.

Sort of related as it's out of that same BI/SC circle, the Lykotonon demo is worth a listen. Bit different from most current dm,thank fuck.

Slower, groovier bits are the Katharsis bits so I suppose the fast bits are stock enough but the production carries them. Huge bass sound.

Saw 'em last year and great at the start, then it just got too repetitive with no personality and I got bored. Humming and hawing about the album, will give it another try though.