I probably couldn't be anymore vague if I tried. These fellas played Glastonbury last year on one of the smaller stages. They are from England and it's kind of punky,  loose playing. They have a few eps and 2 albums I think.
Anyway there was a line in the song " I'm even friends with the emigrant butcher" or something like that.
They reminded me of Kevelertak at a stretch.
Anyone any idea who it is?

Wasn't Idles by any chance?

#2 May 20, 2020, 04:02:31 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:35:25 PM by Circlepit
Quote from: ldj on May 20, 2020, 03:09:44 PM
Wasn't Idles by any chance?

Yes!!! Thanks very much. I was taking to someone  last night and was trying to describe them but couldn't remember the name. Great band.
I remember the crowd reaction was crazy at Glastonbury. Completely different music but it reminded me of the reaction Raging Speedhorn would get at shows in London.

I saw them playing the Mercury Music Prize last year. Fucking scutter, and eminently punchable.

Oh they come across like a complete bunch of cunts. Like the football factory cast made a band. Having said that I still like it.

Hope you don't mind a bit of hijacking now that you've found it. Would save on new threads.

I'm looking for a tune that a lad gave me on a burned CD years ago and I can't remember for the life of me what the band was. It was European (I think) BM and the tune was sort of ambient stuff not heavy at all but had a sample of a nazi directing jews to the showers over it. I can't remember if it was NS stuff or Anti - NS stuff but I was talking to a lad about it lately and it was killing us trying to remember the band.

I've no idea what that is but hijack away. It's almost like name that tune. We need Ronan Collins.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 20, 2020, 04:38:46 PM
They were even great on Tiny Desk....

https://youtu.be/wMehItNQKAA
That vocalist looks like he's going to give himself an aneurysm.

Terrible shite altogether though... but I can definitely see the appeal for it at festivals and such.