Charlie Benante has been putting up regular videos playing all kinds of songs with different guests over the last few weeks. They've been quite interesting so far but this one is a bit special. How many people would fancy seeing S.O.D. touring (in the post-Covid utopia) with Mike Patton on vocals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-CwER9Gb0

QuoteYO! Speak Spanish or Die - Charlie Benante - Scott Ian, Dan Lilker, Mike
Patton

For a heart stopping microsecond, my brain registered "Lilker, Mike" as "Leather Mike"  :laugh:

I would pay to see either incarnation.

#3 May 18, 2020, 08:36:28 AM Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 08:38:02 AM by Caomhaoin
The leather one deserves a thread of his own.

I respect Chris as a highly intelligent individual and a critical thinker and as a sound  lad in person. It's clear that his online persona can get up ones nose a little (far less these days) but the lad Mike used to be climbing the walls over a few mildly smug posts! I got almost as much pleasure from reading them as I got from the first time I read the works of Orwell. Glorious.

Our exchanges were all scripted by CT.

This was a fun listen, unsurprisingly!

'Sipping coffee with his beret pulled over his eyes puffing on (French brand) a fag'

Ah, the good old days

#6 May 18, 2020, 12:11:47 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:20:15 PM by leatherface
I have liked these S.O.D. videos, silly though they are.  As for Metallica, they have been doing this kind of thing too. I saw that there was a 'Blackened' video, got a bit excited, 'maybe it'll be angry, garage days kind of stuff', I thought to myself. It wasn't. Sounded like 'Nothing Else Matters', nope, pass. Meanwhile, the whole world fawns over it.

Enjoyed that, been listening to more of Pattons mellower stuff recently, forgot he can still lash out the screams when he needs to

What's the craic between Milano and the rest of the band? Haven't seen him in any of these videos yet

Maybe they got tired of him being an annoying dickhead?

I think Mr. Bungle were doing this song at their gigs recently.

An aside but this video on youtube lead me to a playthrough of Benante playing a song called "No on knows anything". Haven't listened to Anthrax since the 90s but jesus, the drumming on this track is phenomenal

Good to see Patton getting off his arse for a change

Quote from: Pentagrimes on May 18, 2020, 03:49:02 PM
Maybe they got tired of him being an annoying dickhead?
I think Mr. Bungle were doing this song at their gigs recently.
An aside but this video on youtube lead me to a playthrough of Benante playing a song called "No on knows anything". Haven't listened to Anthrax since the 90s but jesus, the drumming on this track is phenomenal

Ya my guess is they simply want nothing to do with Milano.... I seem to recall there being some bad blood after they finished touring the 2nd (crappy) album...
As for Benante - he's an amazing drummer, to this day, style all his own too. Not to mention being perennially young. Nobody knows anything - that was on the (brilliant) We've Come for You All Album.