May 18, 2020, 09:42:36 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 09:53:09 PM by Tempi
Just heard these guys for the first time today and really liking the sound.  Reminiscent of old school Emperor.   A recommendation from Jason Weirbach of Inquisition, from last year.  Anyone familiar with the band or the guy behind it, Sir N?  He seems to have quite a lot of output under various guises. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7zqT4L6_EU&t=1659s

Yes  I am familiar with this one, and a few of Sir N's other  projects.

Love this project, albeit I think I prefer the other full length Svart Materia a little over this one. Just feels a little more cohesive.

That being said, yeah Sir. N probably has some of the best output in black metal at the moment. Alongside Swartadatuz, them two lads are running Sweden. Grav is in my opinion the most unique shit that has happened to black metal in a long long time. He also has that other new album from Draug which I've been listening to a good bit. Good touch of atmosphere to it. Nice and bleak, really great stuff.

I'm familiar with a few of those band names but I'm not sure if I've listened to any of them.  I'll rectify that.

Bought some of the first releases that this band hand on Ancient Records and could never get into them. Must check out the 2 albums DTB released recently. For me Kaos Sacramentum, Svartrit, Bekëth Nexëhmü and Gnipahålan are by far the best from this group.