I picked up the Kyrck released Strid/Malfeitor CD collection recently and I've been enjoying it immensely. Similar in many ways to early Manes/Manii with its slow pace, but the hypnotic bass lines put me in mind of Pohakka. There's an almost sublime buzz off this stuff for me. The simple production values, the quietly epic and sophisticated nature of the songs, the rotten vocals- it's perfect. I see the band are currently active and have an expanded live line-up but I haven't heard anything about new music being made. Hopely that might happen at some point and they can recapture the magic of the old stuff as well as Manii has tapped into the old Manes energy.

Yeah sublime stuff and that EP was hugely influential I've read many times.

More or less created a new sub section of BM with those 3 songs.

Been an age since I listened to it. But like you I've been delving into Manes quite considerably these last 6/9 months.

The obscurity of these type of acts I find much more appealing than the more heralded facepaint crowd like gorgoroth et al.

Their low profile and the short period of time in which they were active helps to preserve some semblance of mystique. But, apart from that, the music is just so good.