Just putting this here for anyone who has never heard this band.

Music has gotten darker and faster, screamier and gruntier but I've rarely heard anything as frenetic as this album. Mind Wars..music to batter people to.

https://youtu.be/eu2WzpTzWng

Bonafide classic hamstrung by a truly awful cover
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Don't mind the cover at all. Album is 10/10 and agree on the frenetic nature of it.

Class album. The sound let it down though. At least on my copy anyway.

Artwork is one with the music for me now and anyway I always liked its kind of b-movie/John Carpenter horror look.  Killer album.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on January 04, 2020, 11:05:57 AM
Class album. The sound let it down though. At least on my copy anyway.

I used have an awful muggy copy on cassette but I was pleasantly surprised by the Spotify quality. There's an album called El Revengo, it sounds like they remastered or rerecorded stuff from Mind Wars and the results are clearer though I'd sway towards the originals always.

Superb album/band. Must dig it out this evening.

I was about 13/14 years old  ,took a chance on this cassett in a second had shop in Cork  purely because of the cover!,what a find for £2!

God be with the days. Used love buying cheap cassettes especially when CD's started becoming popular. I only ever had a copied tape of the album a mate gave me. Was great because I had no idea what the album cover looked like  :laugh:

Cannot stop listening to this at the moment. I mean there is very little out there that I can find that sounds as angry as it. Was reading that they basically split up because they used to be constantly beating the shit out of eachother backstage. And you can hear it in the music, far removed from sterile recording methods that are utilised nowadays, something more than music was definitely captured on the tapes for Mind Wars..aggro.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3kvkb8/holy-terror-ruled-burned-out-and-remained-criminally-underrated