The Devil's Blood, Come, Reap. Excellent psych rock without the grating mindless optimism of the sixties stuff.

I bought one of their albums based on a glowing review in Terrorizer. It was on eBay two hours after and sold/in the post the following day.

As mentioned already 'Draconian Times' by Paradise Lost is a great summer album, 'Enchantment' is a great opener and one of their best songs, summer or no.

Any stoner rock as mentioned already. Also REM-Reveal, purely for time and place associations.

Maybe Sabbath's Vol. 4 too.

Tripping Daisy "I Am An Elastic Firecracker", Jane's Addiction's "Ritual De Lo Habitual" and Fishbone's "The Reality of My Surroundings" are the ones I reach for once it's sunny, along with FNM and Mr Bungle.

There was a Sabbath compilation I had on tape years ago called Iron Man, compiled from the first 6 albums. Absolutely fantastic on a loop, for long summer walks around Dublin when I lived there. That and Master Of Puppets.

The feeling in the air the last few evenings has made me feel like it is time to switch to the Autumn/Winter playlist.

The first two Danzig albums have always been a go to for me! Cant beat em!