The Cure, Dublin

Snare

• View Profile
on: June 06, 2019, 07:57:46 PM
I know a good few from MI were going, any here?

Looked up the names of the support bands today but never heard of any of them. Anyone ever heard them? I.e. is it a complete waste of time heading in early??

Pentagrimes

• View Profile
    • grump up the volume
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:33:03 AM
Only seeing this now but that was a great gig. Nice varied setlist, good mix of the classics and some more random choices. I've loved that band since I was a kid and I'd never seen them so it was a great thing to finally see 'em, specially as I got to bring the daughter (who also loves them) too. Total shivers down the spine finally hearing the intro to "A Forest" live for me.

In terms of supports, Just Mustard are fantastic anyway, loved their set, Ride reminded me why I didn't really care about them back in the day bar a song or two, and the Twilight Sad were a relatively good stadium Indie band with a fucking shockingly pretentious frontman who pissed all over the tunes.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:09:13 PM by Pentagrimes »

Snare

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:35:19 PM
Yeah I really enjoyed it myself. I was dreading it after seeing their Sydney Opera House setlist the week before which was more for the purest - they had started with 50 minutes of demo material. Thankfully they changed it to include A Forest and Boys Don't Cry amongst others.

Predicted heavy rain held off thankfully but it was bloody freezing! I'm sure skulling ice cold cider probably didnt help! Oh and the ice cream I got from Muiris's gang definitely didn't help!😀

Snare

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:12:46 PM
Oh yeah, fair play on bringing the daughter. My brother named his daughter Rhiannon after the Fleetwood Mac song and she loves them. He always promised to take her whenever they came back to Ireland. So a few weeks ago he was all excited coming home to announce he had bought 2 tickets for their concert this week. Yeah he couldn't wait to head with his buddy Paul and bought the 2nd ticket for him!  :laugh: Sure having a daughter at home called RHIANNON and tell her all the great news wouldn't trigger something at all until she screamed blue murder!!  >:( :laugh:

Bogmetaller

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 08:39:11 PM
Oh yeah, fair play on bringing the daughter. My brother named his daughter Rhiannon after the Fleetwood Mac song and she loves them. He always promised to take her whenever they came back to Ireland. So a few weeks ago he was all excited coming home to announce he had bought 2 tickets for their concert this week. Yeah he couldn't wait to head with his buddy Paul and bought the 2nd ticket for him!  :laugh: Sure having a daughter at home called RHIANNON and tell her all the great news wouldn't trigger something at all until she screamed blue murder!!  >:( :laugh:

Haha that's hilarious! Was at the show myself last night - kinda tick them off the list job but they were OK I suppose!