A night of tough man metal just announced. Kontos and Mader involved playing the Burn My Eyes record.

I'll start stock piling cans to crush now so  8)

Despite thinking Flynn is one of the biggest cretins in metal I'd be interested in seeing them play Burn My Eyes in full.  See if they can recapture some of the madness of the gig in 95!

Nothing like having your career fall to ribbons to suddenly make friends with your original band to keep the few quid coming in!

I'm torn on this gig. On one hand to see the (almost) original line-up playing a 90s classic top to bottom is quite appealing, the obvious cash grab, coupled with the thoughts of a current Machine Head set can get fucked though.

If you open a widow you can hear the echo's all around the country right now... MACHINE FUCKIN HEAAAAAAAD  #DAWLS    :laugh:

Burn My Eyes is a classic but it reeks of a cash in from Rob Flynn.still though it's an album that stands the test of time.Lars Ulrich is a bit of spanner but I'd no problem spending a 100 bucks to see him in a big field this summer so I'm all on board with this.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 25, 2019, 08:17:24 PM
Despite thinking Flynn is one of the biggest cretins in metal I'd be interested in seeing them play Burn My Eyes in full.  See if they can recapture some of the madness of the gig in 95!

I'd love to agree about them recapturing any of the magic of that gig, but there's no way thay could ever could.

A great album for sure, and hopefully a good show for nostalgia's sake at least, but this whole thing smells bad.

An obvious cash grab and desperate final attempt at relevance for Flynn... I hope all the gig goers are ready for the cringe worthy speeches they'll be treated to. Rob on his soapbox, one last time!

Quote from: CaptainFlint on March 26, 2019, 03:00:04 PM
A great album for sure, and hopefully a good show for nostalgia's sake at least, but this whole thing smells bad.

An obvious cash grab and desperate final attempt at relevance for Flynn... I hope all the gig goers are ready for the cringe worthy speeches they'll be treated to. Rob on his soapbox, one last time!
Unfortunately it probably won't be the last time on his soapbox because he's much too young and pretty to retire.
And for the love of Jaysus, who keeps booking these heavy bands in The Olympia? The acoustics in the venue are totally not suitable for metal bands. Everything sounds muffled, it's terrible.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on March 26, 2019, 07:10:12 PM
Do we reckon this will sell out?
between the younger metalheads (wjo have yet to look past roadrunner bands etc) and people going for "nostalgia" then id reckon it will come very close.

Oh I'd say most definitely! There was a huge amount of Lamb of God fans at the Slayer show and  I could be wrong but I reckon they are the same types that would be Machine Head devotees?

Quote from: Edgeofdarkness on March 26, 2019, 07:22:48 PM
between the younger metalheads (wjo have yet to look past roadrunner bands etc) and people going for "nostalgia" then id reckon it will come very close.
Young metal fans are primarily listening to Roadrunner bands? Surely those days are well gone even those bands that elevated the label have moved on only a small trickle left.

How much are tickets?....I cant seem to find a price for them on Ticketbastard.

It's free in if you wear white denim.