Each time I see this:

I see:

Can't wait for Thursday. European football is back in Tolka Park.
UP THE FUCKIN REDS

Quote from: DISRUPTER on July 08, 2024, 12:13:33 PMCan't wait for Thursday. European football is back in Tolka Park.
UP THE FUCKIN REDS

How will it compare to the joys of going to games in Jackman Park or Drom?  :laugh:

25 minute half time shows, dynamic ticket pricing, kids getting trampled, yes a great advertisement and warm up for he soccer ball World Series.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c729vgyz9rdo

Quote from: Snare on July 15, 2024, 11:33:16 PM25 minute half time shows, dynamic ticket pricing, kids getting trampled, yes a great advertisement and warm up for he soccer ball World Series.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c729vgyz9rdo

Ah the state of that. Bet they'll learn nothing

in 2026, FIFA'll be doing their usual micro managing everything they do at every world cup, whereas COMNEBOL just basically went with "What'll make us the most money?"

Massive game in Tolka tonight.
Worried about the lack of Barrett & Wilson. I thought that the bans could have taken place for the Bray game 2 weeks ago.
12 games left.
UTFR

Watching Milan v Torino, think I've found my new favourite footballer, Vojvoda, pronounced, of course, Voivoda!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Looks like Dundalk are in deep shit.

Well in excess of €1m in debt apparently, and bottom of the league to boot  :-X

As Haughey would have said, living well beyond their means  :(

Quote from: Snare on September 06, 2024, 09:06:05 PMWell in excess of €1m in debt apparently, and bottom of the league to boot  :-X

As Haughey would have said, living well beyond their means  :(

But don't worry, here's a 500k grant from the government for the pitch and the stadium, even though none of that will actually help keep the club running.
I think they're overreacting anyways, after all, if they do go bust, because it's a major football town, the FAI will do all they can to ensure there'll be a Dundalk 2025 team set up, and put them into the First Division next year. Then, a few months down the line, they'll buy the name and history of Dundalk FC from Ainscough, and as far as anyone's concerned, it'll always have been the same Dundalk. Happened with Galway, Cork, Derry, not yet with Limerick (but only because of O'Sullivan for now)

Kerry must be thinking "Holy fuck, we dodged a huge bullet there" with Ainscough, though.  :laugh:

Kerry dodged a bullet big time with him!,the wolf never to far from the door at League of Ireland Clubs unfortunately.Some crazy wages been paid atm!.

Great start to the Champions League for Villa. Young Boys were piss poor though.

Cole palmer lads. Can't believe City sold him