Grim news in that Carsley looks set to turn down the Irish gig. He was the best candidate by a mile. Hughton was fired over the weekend by Ghana who had an absolutely shocking tournament and the rest of the names in the pot are even worse. Lennon, Bruce, Allerdyce? I can't remember there ever being so little interest in the job or such a poor pool of prospective candidates.

The other side of that is Kenny's recent tenure wouldn't have done much in terms of advertising the job but surely there's someone out there that would fancy a crack.

Roy Keane has alluded to interest in the role, I'd take him over any of the above. But If I were the FAI, despite saying they'd like the post filled ahead of the March friendlies I'd hold off a month or two and see who else becomes available.

Dunno, I think we'd be doing well to get the likes of Lennon or Allerdyce. Can't do any worse than Kenny. Any manager would have an uphill struggle with the pool of 'talent' available. Football isn't where it used to be here at a grassroots level, and has fallen way behind GAA and rugby. Poor governance in the FAI has a lot to do with this, and they have to take a lot of flack for not developing the game.

QuoteDunno, I think we'd be doing well to get the likes of Lennon or Allerdyce

That really is desperate but you're probably right.

If we're serious about qualifying for things and we should be as all the FAI care about is $$$$$ they should be using more imagination than that. I do think we have young players playing at a high enough level so there could be a decent spine of a team to work with. Bazunu, Collins, Ogbene etc. We're light in midfield, we've lads that put in a shift but nobody to boss a game and upfront we have one potential A-Lister in Ferguson so not the absolute worst group to work with.

Was the missus winding me up when she said she heard they were going for a woman, namely that carrot looking yoke that does the women's team?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Twists and Turns, apparently Carsley is not off the table and the FAI remain confident he'll accept.

Great news as the more you look at the next best option which is apparently Lennon, the more desperate it seems.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 01, 2024, 11:13:49 AMTwists and Turns, apparently Carsley is not off the table and the FAI remain confident he'll accept.

Great news as the more you look at the next best option which is apparently Lennon, the more desperate it seems.
exactly,id take Carsley over any of the others linked!

Shels looked all over the place last tonight during the 1st half. A poxy early OG and then a poxy 2nd yellow for Boyd in the 2nd half.

Happy to bring a point home after how strong Waterford started.

They played very intense football so they did. If they keep there up, they will stay up for sure.

Can't wait for next Friday, at home to Shamrock Rovers.

Shels haven't beat them cunts in donkeys years.

Tolka was electric last night.
It was the first time in 20 years that they bet Shamrock Rovers at Tolka & the first tie to bet them in the league in 19 years. Time sure does fly.
Shels 2nd goal was savage, an assist from Conor Kearns, what a pass, but that touch from Will Jarvis was something else. If Salah scored this at the weekend, the whole would would be talking about it, a think of beauty.

Starts around 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu2J_7ZgjQI&t=14s

Rory Gaffney is a frightening player. He runs at top speed for 90 mins non-stop. He is Rovers best player.

Quote from: DISRUPTER on February 24, 2024, 10:59:01 AMTolka was electric last night.
It was the first time in 20 years that they bet Shamrock Rovers at Tolka & the first tie to bet them in the league in 19 years. Time sure does fly.
Shels 2nd goal was savage, an assist from Conor Kearns, what a pass, but that touch from Will Jarvis was something else. If Salah scored this at the weekend, the whole would would be talking about it, a think of beauty.

Starts around 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu2J_7ZgjQI&t=14s

Rory Gaffney is a frightening player. He runs at top speed for 90 mins non-stop. He is Rovers best player.

That was a touch of class in fairness I watched it 4 times in a row for that touch

Quote from: DISRUPTER on February 24, 2024, 10:59:01 AMRory Gaffney is a frightening player. He runs at top speed for 90 mins non-stop. He is Rovers best player.

Hated him when he was with Mervue.  :laugh:

FUCKIN CHELSEA FUCKIN USELESS SHOWER OF BASTARDS

Kelleher MOTM.

THINGS YOU LOVE TO SEE

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on February 29, 2024, 09:24:49 PMLOL @ Pogba.

I was genuinely surprised given how shit he is vs his perceived quality. I mean if that's him on the good stuff he must be fair fuckin bad without it like

Anyway if he had any brains he'd just be diagnosed with asthma and be prescribed the appropriate steroid like Liverpool have been doing for years.

Or do the Pool just like signing asthmatic lads that can run all day long?

Maybe it's a diversity thing..

The away tickets to see Shels v Bohs sold out in a minute. I'm absolutely raging. I was online and at the portal and all and they were just gone in a flash. They are showing it up in the Tolka bar so I will catch it there