I'm in a bit of a dilemma here. I  had been using simple set up recently, Rat clone into Crate head.  Also had a second set up,  A/b/y- preamp pedal(s)- Mooer babybomb & f/x return of Joyo Zombie, for more portable, pedal board set up.   recently got a zoom G3xn  for f//x and used this last night. It's got me thinking, would I be better off selling most of this off and simply going  modeler -amp. keep it simple?
For reference, the stuff we're playing is like (old) Melvins, Eyehategod, Cowards, Will Haven, and atonal noise rock.

Are you talking a complete 'all-in-one' solution like a Kemper/Axe FX?

Something like that. Or Headrush, as it's much less expencive. The Zoom doesn't have send & return so can't do 4 cable method. Which is ideal.  Just have boost/drive to front, delay/ f/x in loop

Considered it myself a little while ago but the cost of the Kemper and the Axe FX was prohibitive.  Did like the look of the Line6 Helix as well.

Personally I enjoy collecting and building pedals too much to ever go fully down the modelling route. And i also prefer the workflow of having each pedal to do one thing and i feel bogged down with too many options in one piece of gear. But if you have the cash modern modelling gear is as good as the real thing and much easier to transport so long as you go down the kemper style route.

I'm not much of an effect user, usually just plug the guitar straight into the amp (single channel) and use the amp for distortion/gain tone and volume control for any funny business like cleaner tones. Any time I've gigged, just brought the head and off I go, nice and simple. That being said, more often than not I use a plugin or Eleven model when recording, even though I have a couple of nice amps to hand. They are definitely the future and, if I was going to drop a load of money now on something to gig with (and bearing in mind I don't bring pedals and a load of leads) I would go with an AxeFX/Kemper/Whatever without question. If I was using lots of different tones and effects, it would be a complete no-brainer to go with a digital setup. As good as they are now, they're still a relatively young technology. They are only going to get better.

Like Liam above, I prefer individual pedals to do their own individual job. If you have kinda weird pedals, I don't know if Kemper or AxeFx would have them. They very well may, and if so, then ya, maybe modelling is the way to go, just for the utter convenience.

You get pretty quick at setting up, even with a full pedalboard, after a while. Plus, pedals are just fuckin cool.

The boss katana 100 head might be an option.  People seem to like them and they are reasonably priced. 

Ended up getting Line6 hx stomp. F/x are cool. Amp tones are shite. 50/50 on keeping it with amp for gain or binning it.

Helix ordered. Did some investigation against the Hradrush Pedalboard, Fractal AX8 but Helix covered more of what I wanted. Amp modelling not supposed to be the best but I'll just stick the Mooer Preamp into one of the effect loops if needs be.

Is that likely to replace any pedals or you just adding to the collection?

Large part of the problem I have with it is. What I'm listening with. Ran it with Laney Ironheart last night at practice. 4 cable method . Sounded good. Also just ran boosr & eq into front of the amp and it was killer. Plugged headphones in (Sennheiser) afterwards, at home, and it sounds reslly flat and dull. Like listening to a sterio with a heavey blanket over it.

Ive done both over the years (separate pedals and kemper route) and while I dont gig as much as I used to, the Kemper wins hands down, at least for me anyway. Lets not forget - if you're using one live, it not only removes your pedal board (and countless cables, power supplies, potentials to pick up noise, and the need to tweak pedals that got bumped so they sound *just right*  etc), it also essentially removes the need to have a (bulky, heavy) powered amp head.  yes the Kemper (and others) are expensive - no getting around that fact. Mine is the powered one making it even more so...  if you have that weird pedal that you love then it can of course go in front of the modeller no problem (or in a loop, depending on the unit).  Eeerah whatever floats yer boat, I love pedals too, but turning up with me toaster, its simple dedicated floor controller (stupidly overpriced, but several cheap Midi controller boards are now also out there). It's great to quickly be able to get the same sound you had when recording while performing live/rehearsing. I rarely ever even use the profiling function - there's so many great free/paid rig packs out there now that to my ears sound pretty authentic, and the range of cab impulses thats around there is never ending.

The question to my mind is - is it worth the cash, and does it suit yer need. With Headrush/Bias/Fractal/Mooer etc etc units coming on the market it seems like competition in the "all in one" pedal board thingy is alive and well.