November 22, 2018, 01:03:22 PM Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:39:52 PM by Hambeast
On the back of Pentagrime's comment, other than a forum and gig listings, what does everybody want to see on the front page?

Is there genuine interest in any of the following? Do you skip past it and jump straight to the forum?
Album reviews
Interviews
Gig reviews
Gig photos
Local metal news

Is there anything else you guys would like to see on the front page?

Anybody who wants to submit anything can email it in, or send me a message on the forum.
submissions (at) metalwarfare (dot) com

My two cents, id go for album reviews, gig reviews and interviews. Couldn't give a toss about gig photos and in the main forum and gigs forum you'll get all the local news you need.

All of the above sounds good. Gig photos can just be included with the gig review.

Is there an easy way of going back and forth from the forum to the front page?

I'd go for the reviews (Albums and lives), Interviews and local metal news. That'd be about enough for starters

There was a decent musicians forum on MI which was pretty handy, maybe worth having...

Thanks for the input everyone

Quote from: The Butcher on November 22, 2018, 03:48:43 PM
Is there an easy way of going back and forth from the forum to the front page?

There is now. The "Home" icon in the top menu will take you to the home page.

Quote from: Floss on November 22, 2018, 07:14:47 PM
There was a decent musicians forum on MI which was pretty handy, maybe worth having...
Added!

Is there any chance of changing the font used for the forum titles? The light blue font is really small. I realise there are other themes but I like the black look but it could use a little tweak.

What's the issue? Size, colour, or both? Mobile or desktop?

Also, please make new threads for different site related requests. This entire board is for things directly related to the running of the site, so it'd be nice to have everything in it's own thread.

So in terms of contributors , the following have all vounteered to do some writing so far: Me, Juggz, Floss

If anyone else is interested in contributing then please go ahead. You're all free to work on whatever you like, and I'll get it on the front page if it's of decent quality

The podcasts were always cool. I'd volunteer only for I have a voice that's about as exciting as Father Stone. Has Lorcan been alerted to this site yet?  He wrote some interesting reviews on MI.

My favourite ritual on MI was always the gig discussion page, to see whats been posted and what people thought of gigs.

I'm dead happy to see a semblance of that returning so quickly on this new site!

However, i would fucking love a proper gig listings page on the site.
Although, it would have to be properly moderated and up to date constantly.
The one on MI wasn't the greatest, but the issue with the gig listing forum was that a gig could just slip onto page 2 or 3 with no replies and you would totally miss it.

Quote from: hellfire on November 27, 2018, 12:34:08 AM
The podcasts were always cool. I'd volunteer only for I have a voice that's about as exciting as Father Stone. Has Lorcan been alerted to this site yet?  He wrote some interesting reviews on MI.

Jesus man i make that joke about myself all the time ):   i have an awful dreary voice meself!

There's the gig list on the main page:
https://www.metalwarfare.com/gigs/

Or are you talking about something different?

The From the Vaults feature was always a favourite of mine, great for finding out on some stuff I might have overlooked or missed

I did a few infrequent reviews, I'd be happy to do the same here whenever I have a bit of time