Absolutely worship early Enslaved and their album Frost is 25 years old this year. It was the first record of theirs i got into way back when and it still kicks the shit out of 99% of Black Metal releases to this day. A great example of how unique the whole Norwegian scene was at the time. A cool interview with the lads all about this era:https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/01/29/long-cold-winter-the-making-of-enslaveds-frost/

very good. Frost is one album that never sat too well with me, I need to give it more attention. Love most of their work. Interesting how they distance themselves from a lot of stuff that we were discussing in the Dissection thread. A band that let the music do the talking. Very funny how against the beer drinking `Viking metal they are too..absolute awful muck the majority of it.

Great album,the frost tracks sounded fantastic too live when I saw them back in 2005.

Quote from: Pedrito on February 01, 2019, 12:32:52 PM
very good. Frost is one album that never sat too well with me, I need to give it more attention. Love most of their work. Interesting how they distance themselves from a lot of stuff that we were discussing in the Dissection thread. A band that let the music do the talking. Very funny how against the beer drinking `Viking metal they are too..absolute awful muck the majority of it.
Gotta say the whole Viking image thing they had goin on then almost put me off checking them out!
Quote from: Blizzard Beast on February 01, 2019, 01:31:48 PM
Great album,the frost tracks sounded fantastic too live when I saw them back in 2005.
Good stuff, ive only seen them once around 2009 and it was all then current material which i find tedious. Would love to catch them playing Frost in its entirety.

excellent album, was delighted when it got a repress last year.

Its amazing how young the guys were on the first few records, Ivar in particular. Eld would be my favourite though, with Vikingligr Veldi and Frost tied close behind depending what mood I'm in.

#6 April 01, 2023, 08:53:32 PM Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:47:19 AM by Carnage
I don't know if anyone's going to Damnation but this would be nice to see:

QuoteNorwegian black metal legends, Enslaved, will mark the the 20th anniversary of their iconic Below The Lights album by performing it in full at Damnation's Night of Salvation event. 

The exclusive set at Manchester's BEC Arena on Friday, November 3, will be followed by a rare live outing of their debut record, Vikingligr Veldi, at Damnation. 

The band said: "Damnation, you're in for a treat this year - we're not performing one, but two very special shows for you. 

"Below The Lights on Friday at the Night of Salvation and Vikingligr Veldi at Damnation itself the following day. 

"We're looking forward to go back in time and revisit earlier chapters of Enslaved!"

Yeah very tempted to go to that.
Sigh and Akercocke I wouldn't mind seeing live also.

Below the lights probably my favourite album by them.

Another early reissue:

QuoteThis weekend, we are celebrating Record Store Day in the United States. And we're releasing this stunning 30th anniversary edition of Hordanes Land. This edition comes as a gold with black splatter vinyl, featuring a fully redesigned artwork by Bartek Rogalewicz at Lodge.Black (Behemoth, Darkthrone, Ulver).

The vinyl will be exclusively available at indie record stores participating in Record Store Day on April 22nd, limited to 2.000 copies. Find more information here: recordstoreday.com.