Was in the Oliver Plunkett in Cork yesterday for this...Bizarre experience, they didnt let the fans upstairs to see him perform after the press conference even though they told us on entry we were going upstairs to see it. Apparently Aiken (pr*ck) said no fans upstairs. So a full venue had to sit downstairs listening to a live band, they could not see, through the PA .. regardless it was a savage performance . Kevin Shirley was there, Donal + Daniel Gallagher, Gerry Mcavoy . Met and spoke to them all and Bonamassa , all sound lads in fairness. Shirley comes across as a right legend.Will definitely go to both nights of this after hearing that performance yesterday

Hoping to hit this. Have only been to marquee once for Deep purple and it was a bit lackluster but this should be a good night.

In concert, one time only...
...but playing two dates  :laugh:

I saw a clip yesterday where the man himself seemed a bit surprised at the set up. Very strange decision keeping the fans away.

Quote from: Snare on October 01, 2024, 07:47:24 PMIn concert, one time only...

I saw a clip yesterday where the man himself seemed a bit surprised at the set up. Very strange decision keeping the fans away.

It's simple really. None of the fans had platinum tickets  :-\   ;)

Quote from: Snare on October 01, 2024, 07:47:24 PMIn concert, one time only...

:laugh:

My thoughts exactly.

A Tuesday and Wednesday night...

Who's appearing down the Marquee on the bookending weekends?

Christy Moore? Damien Dempsey? The Coronas? Jenny fucking Greene?

That set-up in the Oliver Plunkett sounds mad. Especially with Bonamassa flying in for it - whats the point of playing in front of no fans.
Sounds as off as the current state of play with the Rory Fender auction upcoming in Bonhams. Between go-fund-me campaigns and potential government intervention along with pleas to The Edge to cough up something is a bit off. Not sure why Donal has gone down this route.

Will try and get to the gig. Saw Bonamassa in Vicar St. on that British Blues Explosion tour. Felt we got the 'warm-up' dates before he hit the UK.

#7 October 02, 2024, 01:32:29 PM Last Edit: October 02, 2024, 01:34:45 PM by londonleatherboy
Ya it was bizarre. It was just typical Ireland tbh...Some jackass like aiken in his own mind has some power so he shafted everyone that bothered to attend.. Ya Bonamassa came across like hes something to prove playing this material so It'll be a cracker of a show I'd say. And he also said ''I wish you guys could have been upstairs to see it'' so he was as puzzled with the fckarsing around as all of us were downstairs

Haha fucken hell only in Ireland!.I've never actually heard of your man Bonamassa;but it's been years since I've been to the Marquee so might go!.

Joe lashes out the live albums more than anyone else I know so I'd expect the gigs will be recorded for future release. Hope so anyway. Might be a bit niche but you never know. Tickets on sale tomorrow - haven't spotted any pre-sale info

I am trying to prepare myself for the ensuing ticketmaster dynamic-pricing farce, & potentially parting with a coupla hundred euro!  :laugh:

Standing prices a bit saucy, but I paid it anyway

€77.55 (incl. greed)

got standing for both nights...70 quid a pop, robbing cnts

I assume it's a 2 night thing 'cause a rake of German, Dutch, etc will travel for it ? ? ?

Capacity is 5,000

Make a holiday to Ireland out of it

I might get the kids to setup a stand outside to flog some tourist tat!
F*ck that, might do it myself!