February 17th 2025

Seems like Obscura are here every week  :laugh: 

Yeah I've seen them so much the last few years I would have given this a miss if it wasn't for Gorod supporting

In fairness to Obscura, it's another completely different lineup! Kummerer is listed as the only member of the band on MA right now, the three lads from the previous album are out (Muenzner and Thesling again FFS), and the "2024 to present" live musicians are hired guns (obviously highly capable players to get the gig - Robin Zeilhorst of Cynic and Exivous is one bassist, as is the chap from Dodecahedron, while James Stewart from Decapitated is on drums. Haven't heard of the guitarist - Kevin Olasz before).

This comes with the caveat I haven't been keeping up with them live, so maybe this is the lineup from earlier in the year.

Up or down, Kummerer must be an absolute nightmare to work with :laugh:

I heard that Thesseling was always a studio musician since he rejoined, he wouldn't tour since it would interfere with his teaching job. So he might still be on the next album

But he seems to be the techdeath Mustaine alright, can't keep a lineup together

Hmm, MA lists his original tenure, and then 2020 to 2022, but not touring would make sense. Isn't he a professor?

Wonder what shape the next record will be in? They were working on it earlier in the year, so does it all go in the bin or does Kummerer keep the juicy bits.

Those crafty bastards are always starting gigs with the best bands to lure us back in. They did this with Disillusion last time, and no complaints.