Give us your finest recs...looking for stuff in the vein of old Samael, Void Meditation Cult, Necros Christos, Goatlord  etc. Bonus points for crude, primitive riffs.

"Slow/Mid pace black" first brought Serpent Noir to mind. I still listen to Erotomysticism in particular regularly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQVWa1nhVQ

Not necessarily crude or primitive in the riffing though I'm afraid, more occult hypnotic in overall mood.

Try first two(maybe three)LPs by Christ Agony from Poland. Keep in mind, by no means these are perfect records. Lack of experience in composing long tracks shows here and there - unsurprisingly for the young band, We're talking about material from the mid nineties - but the  moments of brilliance are aplenty.

https://youtu.be/mviCSmOnc14?si=NSFelRP-RTFXe-87

When dead congregation go for the slow (for lack of a better term) grove riff  there's nothing better

Quote from: nukeabuse on September 06, 2024, 10:42:02 PMWhen dead congregation go for the slow (for lack of a better term) grove riff  there's nothing better

Yup. Masters.

Nocternity- harps of the ancient temples

Armagedda - ond spiritism

Two BM favourites of mine that immediately spring to mind.

Nice one lads. Would never have thought of/had never heard of half of these bands. Keep em coming!

#9 September 08, 2024, 10:03:05 PM Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 10:05:55 PM by Eoin McLove

I have still yet to properly crack (!) into Gjendød, going to throw that track on now and see where I end up.

#11 September 08, 2024, 11:41:31 PM Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 08:17:00 PM by Pentagrimes
I made a mix last week in the thread that's definitely got some of what you're after on it.

Some older stuff : Delirium "Zzzouhh", the Black Crucifixion demo, Necroschizma,Pandemonium's "Devilri",Xantotol

Possibly the recent Glutted Swarm demo also..though that's straight up "Cause of Death" worship

Krypts. The album Remnants of Expansion springs to mind.

Desecresy fit the bill. One-man Finnish band that sounds like Bolt Thrower on downers.

That's round about the best ever description I've read of Desecresy! Really good band. Their last pair of albums are very good indeed. But sure, anything I've heard from them is all of a high standard. Lovely.