From Bad Rep's Facebook:

Forged with an iron will.
Our 30th edition of the Siege of Limerick.
27/10/24
Dolans, Dock Rd., Limerick, Ireland
30th Edition - 30 bands

+FULL LINEUP+
Drowned (Exclusive)
Five Will Die (Reunited for one night only)
Naut (Exclusive)
Famyne (Exclusive)
Orbiter
Vircolac
Zealot Cult
Dog Tired
Acid Throne
Host Body
Shardborne
Grief Ritual
Worn Out
Geheimnisknecht
Tooms
RPC
The Last Vinci
Uragh
Uncultivates
Fraught
Jenova
Gravity Well
Brigantia
Cell Games
Ritual Effect
So Long Until The Seance
Ordinator
Motion Sickness
Too Far Fetched
Death Can Wait

THE LINEUP IS FULL FOR THIS EVENT

FB_IMG_1724419571432.jpg

Drowned are savage!,been years since I've seen them live! (That time with Dead Congregation in Dublin whenever that was)

Five Will Die! I was only watching an old interview with them on YouTube a couple of weeks back. Will be cool to see them again.

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 23, 2024, 04:20:09 PMDrowned are savage!,been years since I've seen them live! (That time with Dead Congregation in Dublin whenever that was)

I think that was 2014.

Going to try to make it down to this for Drowned. Have seen them plenty of times but haven't seen them in years or since the new material came out.

Never been to Siege before so how does the free in thing work? Do people ever get turned away because too many show up or is just a case of heading to Dolans early to get a wrist band then coming back for the bands you want to see?

I was always curious as to how this can be free when I know a big issue with a lot of bands not coming to Ireland is costs / not getting a big enough crowd yet a band like Drowned can play a free show in Limerick? I know they are not the first or biggest international act to have played this festival bigger bands have played before when it was also free in.

Yeah be curious to know how it works!,like the Dolans complex is a good size.So I'd say a massive crowd would need to turn up for it to become a safety/capacity issue.Id imagine on a day long festival,you'll never get everyone looking to be in the main stage venue at the same time.There is the  bar ,a massive bar/smoking area upstairs,the small venue,and the main stage venue.Would you get 400 max throughout the day for something like this?

#5 August 26, 2024, 02:05:02 PM Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 02:06:42 PM by Giggles
No wristbands, you just walk on in. You would get turned away if it's full, but I'm not sure if that ever happens.

I've been there once or twice when they had to close off the main stage due to full capacity, you could wait outside and then they'd let you in whenever people came out.

Yeah it's free entry but Bad Rep sell a lot of merch, so they're getting a bit of money in every year, which is great. Every year they have Siege t shirt designs made up, people will que on the streets for up to an hour before the doors open, and the shirts usually sell out within the hour once they start selling. Once they're gone, that's it.

The bouncers are generally sound as fuck too, but there is one ballbag there with an attitude problem. Fucking garda head on him and all.

Quote from: Paul keohane on August 26, 2024, 01:45:24 PMWould you get 400 max throughout the day for something like this?
The capacity for the warehouse alone is 380 at max and a few times over the years they have hit capacity and stopped letting people into the warehouse(the big stage). That's pretty rare and they will let people in after others have left so you wouldn't miss anyone that you really want to see.
There's no wristbands as many people come and go during the day rather than just letting a specific number in so there's no official attendance number but I'd say it's easily >1k between the younger kids in early and then the crowds that arrive later in the day. The whole building in itself has never been at full cap at once at a Siege but it gets mad busy, there's just a lot of spaces between the 3 venues, front bar and the new terrace and smoking area upstairs.

Quote from: mickO))) on August 26, 2024, 12:32:33 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on August 23, 2024, 04:20:09 PMDrowned are savage!,been years since I've seen them live! (That time with Dead Congregation in Dublin whenever that was)

Never been to Siege before so how does the free in thing work?

Turn up to Dolan's, walk in, enjoy  :abbath:

Been to many festivals over the years and Siege is right up in the top rankings for craic.

Thanks lads i'll check it out. I have been to Dolans a good few times for shows since the pandemic and always found the venue great.

#9 August 28, 2024, 08:13:46 AM Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:22:15 AM by Crystal_Logic
Quote from: mickO))) on August 26, 2024, 12:32:33 PMI was always curious as to how this can be free when I know a big issue with a lot of bands not coming to Ireland is costs / not getting a big enough crowd yet a band like Drowned can play a free show in Limerick? I know they are not the first or biggest international act to have played this festival bigger bands have played before when it was also free in.

Not all the bands get paid. You could probably draw a line on the poster at some point and all the bands above get paid, and all the bands below don't.

Class lineup, might actually get down.

Interesting to see how it works - I assumed you queued up to get a wrist band. I will be down early anyway if I do get going, their merch is always unreal.

Ya top 6 or so bands get paid. Everyone else plays for free. Tbh you'd get the best crowd you'd play to all year probably so even though you're not getting paid it's the one gig most bands want to play each year.

Also craic is 90. 

Yeah I figured not all the bands got paid especially most of the Irish ones but I knew for example a band like Drowned couldn't be flying to Ireland to play a show for free. It seems like it's just one of those unique festivals that runs on reputation and can make money through merch which is great. It's pity we don't have more of these meaning we could get more international underground bands to Ireland who otherwise would never play here.

Haven't been to a Siege in fuckin years.
Can't wait for it!

This one has been creeping up fast! Less than a month out now, really looking forward to it!

I'd love to tip along to this (especially as it's on my birthday) but I'm flat broke, christmas coming up too.