The song is ok. I lost interest in Opeth after Ghost Reveries. What a run they had from their debut up to that album.

I went back not too long ago and listened to My Arms, Your Hearse after a long time and it just didn't do anything for me at all. Same with Still Life actually and I never really liked Orchid at all so for me it's Blackwater Park up to Ghost Reveries and then the last two

Quote from: astfgyl on August 04, 2024, 10:08:41 PMI went back not too long ago and listened to My Arms, Your Hearse after a long time and it just didn't do anything for me at all. Same with Still Life actually and I never really liked Orchid at all so for me it's Blackwater Park up to Ghost Reveries and then the last two
It takes a lot to shock me these days, but this is truly shocking :laugh:

I haven't listened to My Arms in years;had a copy on cassette.

I was a big Opeth fan in the early 2000s ,have fond memories of their gig with Katatonia back then.But lost interest with a long time now.

Quote from: astfgyl on August 04, 2024, 10:08:41 PMI went back not too long ago and listened to My Arms, Your Hearse after a long time and it just didn't do anything for me at all. Same with Still Life actually and I never really liked Orchid at all so for me it's Blackwater Park up to Ghost Reveries and then the last two

Ah yer messin.

Yeah I was surprised myself because I used to love MA,YH but I just wasn't enjoying it at all last time. I actually can't remember a note off Morningrise either now I think of it. Watershed is pretty bad as well bar a few bits and I'm not surprised there was a change of direction after that one even though Heritage is almost certainly the worst of the lot.

MAYH is lethal.  You are just broken

Quote from: ochoill on August 05, 2024, 12:24:48 PMMAYH is lethal.  You are just broken

Ah I dunno I used to love it but it sort of feels like one song just runs into the next

#24 August 05, 2024, 05:21:36 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 06:51:13 PM by pete
Quote from: astfgyl on August 05, 2024, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: ochoill on August 05, 2024, 12:24:48 PMMAYH is lethal.  You are just broken

Ah I dunno I used to love it but it sort of feels like one song just runs into the next

:laugh:

That was kind of his plan wasn't it.

Could never understand the dislike for Watershed, think it's a really good album even if it doesn't hit the highs of the earlier stuff

Quote from: pete on August 05, 2024, 05:21:36 PM

Thank god somebody got it :laugh:

Quote from: astfgyl on August 05, 2024, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: pete on August 05, 2024, 05:21:36 PM

Thank god somebody got it :laugh:
I was wondering 👏

#29 August 05, 2024, 09:53:08 PM Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 09:54:55 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Orchid to Damnation. What a run! Remember liking every song from those albums at the time including Into the Frost of Winter & Eternal Soul Torture.