Jesus, I think that guitar qualifies as a hate crime.

Quote from: liamish on December 27, 2018, 03:01:47 PM
Jesus, I think that guitar qualifies as a hate crime.
I dunno, I watched Astfgyl put 8-48 aldi electric strings on a broken acoustic missing a machine head and using matchsticks for a nut, it would definitely give that a run for its money

Never considered a matchstick for a nut. I'd have thought it'd be far too soft. Does it work well?

Quote from: Hambeast on December 28, 2018, 11:43:27 AM
Never considered a matchstick for a nut. I'd have thought it'd be far too soft. Does it work well?
no it was fuckin shocking

I can't believe this thread has stayed quiet since xmas  :laugh:

Quote from: Juggz on January 08, 2019, 03:37:35 PM
I can't believe this thread has stayed quiet since xmas  :laugh:
I'll have something small for it next week.  I got a Behringer X1204 mixer last month if that's any interest but likely I'm the only one who finds that exciting.  It was nice to be able to completely saturate my vox in reverb and delay at the last practice with it.  Really takes the "howling tipp man" sound off me.

No major use for it right now but great little tool for the studio all the same.  Going to use it for blending and eq'ing mics on cabs before they hit the interface when we record again.

Ordered the EHX Mod Rex but gonna use it for synths as opposed to guitar, I think. Took my cheap tremolo off the board and put the Line 6 M5 back on it, which will cover that and hoping to use its pattern tremolo patch too.  The board is very full now! The Digitech Whammy is taking up a lot of real estate now that I look at it., especially as I'm only using the harmony function. 

Nice! Interested to hear the mod rex, I think it'd be rad on synths.

I got a the EHX Russian muff reissue for christmas. Loving it so far but haven't used it with a band yet. I've it setup beside my black box Russian muff and a Moen Fuzz moo which is also a Russian big muff clone. Interestingly they all sound a bit different. I must do a Big muff shoot out video or something!

I also got my Sennheiser e906 mics before christmas. Used em for a couple of live sound gigs and have been super happy with them. Gonna try em in the studio when I get the chance. 

Quote from: if6was9 on January 08, 2019, 06:09:46 PM
I got a the EHX Russian muff reissue for christmas. Loving it so far but haven't used it with a band yet. I've it setup beside my black box Russian muff and a Moen Fuzz moo which is also a Russian big muff clone. Interestingly they all sound a bit different. I must do a Big muff shoot out video or something!
Using the reissue myself, great little pedal.  On it's own balanced against the gain on the Laney head, it gives an absolute gem of a stoner metal tone.  But for sheer sludge horror: I have it after a Mooer Pure Octave on -1 about 1/2 wet, and before a Battlehammer set for my standard sound, mostly with the tone and sustain around 2-3 o'clock each on the Big Muff.  Only useful for low octaves but it practically punches you in the guts and sustains endlessly.  Absolutely disgusting.  I love it.

Picked up a Richwood electro-acoustic in the sales so threw a mini-board together with some spares. Opeth stuff sounds so much better than playing on normal acoustic.

Have a few quid coming back from tax man so will see how things look when that lands. Might be a little more shopping to be done.

Picked up a Zoom G3xn last week.  Just for having a chain of f/x patches.  Just need to set it up properly

Quote from: ochoill on December 29, 2018, 12:27:09 AM
Quote from: Hambeast on December 28, 2018, 11:43:27 AM
no it was fuckin shocking

It's not so bad the more I play with it. The matchstick was to lift up the nut because I strung it left handed. Fair enough it won't go into tune never mind stay there, but it has a tone all of its' own.

I like to refer to that as "out of tuning", as in: "My guitar is currently out-of-tuned to E"

or "My guitar is out-of-tuned somewhere vaguely between C and E"

#74 January 15, 2019, 12:38:39 PM Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:53:58 AM by Pentagrimes
Sold