Just listened to it there

Yes, it's a good aul' listen

I love the euphoric riff around the 7/8 minute mark in the last track, that leads it out

Very accomplished stuff

I thought the proggy stuff would be a bit forced or formulaic
Sounded good to my ears

I've seen them get a bit of hate on another forum
I don't see the need for it! F*ckin wingers

Yeah Jward, I find the forums for central midfielders and strikers a lot more reasonable. Wingers always be diving and dissing Blood Incantation the saps.

I still have to actually listen to this a week down the line. It seems I'm missing something good!

Managed to hold off listening to it until I received the physical version(s) and had my first listen yesterday evening.
All the praise I've seen so far seems wholly deserved. It's a very ambitious piece and it fucking delivers in spades. Despite the non-metal elements, nothing seems out of place.
Production is sublime and Riedl's vocals sound immense.

Quote from: Snare on October 11, 2024, 10:04:39 AMYeah Jward, I find the forums for central midfielders and strikers a lot more reasonable. Wingers always be diving and dissing Blood Incantation the saps.

I still have to actually listen to this a week down the line. It seems I'm missing something good!

:laugh:

Is it winge or whinge??

Er

Hello Jedward it's whatever you want it to be.

Winger here. I think the albums getting too much praise. It doesn't flow well, the transitions between death metal and prog feel jarring.

Yeah that band Winger were pricks alright. "She's only 17" indeed. Sure they were basically the Jimmy Saville of 80s glamorous rock.

Finally getting round to this. It's just wonderful. I can only imagine how good it gets after repeated listens.

I've been obsessed with this band since I heard "Obfuscating the Linear Threshold" on a Dark Descent label sampler circa 2015.

I don't think this album quite tops "Starspawn" but I am kinda biased - the moment in "Hidden Species - Vitrification of Blood, Pt. 2" that I like to call the reaching the edge of the know universe moment that happens at 2:52 is one of my favourite moments in the fucking history of recorded music.

This for me will have to "make do" with being one of the best albums of the 21st century thus far.

I am pleasantly surprised to be really enjoying this album as on paper it's something I would usually be a moany cunt about.

I might have to go back and check out the earlier stuff.

The variety on this album is just the ticket as heads down, meat n potatoes DM is not something I go for at all these days.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 12, 2024, 03:56:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0agqHCROKzU&t=43s

Some mentioned on here that they were looking forward to this. :laugh:

I don't really know why I watched this haha, but usually he does his homework a bit better: he didn't mention Timewave Zero, for example.

Very interesting piece of music, enjoying it a lot.