My copy is waiting for collection tomorrow after work anyway. Avoiding the stream of the full thing and looking forward to sitting down and poring over it this weekend

Picked up mine before they closed. Probably won't get to it before tomorrow anyway.

Got to it. Side B is once again a lot to unpack but first impressions are good.

Have it on now, sounds class but the Pink Floyd imitation section was a bit unnecessary lol.

Great riffing throughout though.

There's one in each tune. I don't mind them but they are very Pink Floyd.

It's brilliant, ran the Atmos version through the tv & surround. Think the maddest thing to me is it's under 45mins. No fucking about and not a minute wasted.

An absolutely immense release for me, especially diggin the synthy Pink Floyd style sections. The start of The Message [Tablet 1] is so good.

I've grabbed a ticket to Incineration Fest in Camden next May after one listen of this. Blood Incantation will be playing it in full. Excited!

I flicked through it last night and at first thought I had downloaded the wrong thing on first hearing some of those sections. The metal parts at least sound good. Ordered the LP last night.

Yeah this is really good. Some of their best riffs in there too. I'm a psych and prog hooooooooer so this one's a match made in heaven really. Nice clear production on this.

Yeah I'll happily have Can or Caravan on as much as Obituary or Suffocation, so this ticks many boxes.

Of course a disparate mismatch of styles wouldn't be worth a honk if it wasn't all killer, and this is indeed absolutely killer.

It's such a singular sounding release, can't think of anything like it. Blood Incantation made the record Blood Incantation wanted to make, and we're all the better for it.

I would say only the leads in the 1st section of the 1st song are pink Floydian. Each proggy part feels like it was directly lifted from a different prog band.

Eg the clean vox in the 2nd track sound straight from van der graff generator.

This isn't a complaint. Love all those prog bands

It's been on a loop here pretty much all day. A sublime piece of work.

#103 October 04, 2024, 11:52:08 PM Last Edit: October 04, 2024, 11:59:31 PM by Petardo
I'm getting familiar with it now after not being able to stop listening to the fucking thing all day.

I'm immediately obsessed with, and fascinated by this album.

There's so much going on but it's never contrived. Everything has a purpose and you can't just dip in and listen to one section.

I can't praise it enough. It keeps dragging me back in.