Quote from: Sworntothecans on September 28, 2024, 10:34:51 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 28, 2024, 08:46:29 AMThere was a certain dub influence/flavour to some of the kosmische musik krautrock, so I guess that explains why some might hear a nod to "reggae" where others (me included) just heard an homage to krautrock.

Yeah, there's
Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 28, 2024, 10:04:27 AMIt'll be interesting now over the next year to see if the BI wannabe bands start adding ambient/kraut/prog influences, it's not a thing that's easily done.

I'd say Cryptic Shift are scouring Ebay for "vintage synths" as we speak

Waiting for the deathcore bands to start using Moogs during breakdowns😂
Quote from: Ducky on September 28, 2024, 10:27:37 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 28, 2024, 08:46:29 AMThere was a certain dub influence/flavour to some of the kosmische musik krautrock, so I guess that explains why some might hear a nod to "reggae" where others (me included) just heard an homage to krautrock.

Yeah thought this bit was a nod to "Dizzy Dizzy" by Can more than anything.

Let's call it "proggae" so. Speaking of which, just listening to Venenums "Trance of Death"..there's a reasonable similar proggae bit in the track "Trance of Death Pt. 2"..hmm

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 28, 2024, 02:23:47 AMThe first transition from death metal to quiet is a reggae sounding bit that then morphs into to prog.

Ah yeah, I can hear it now. More dub than reggae but I just heard it as a transition into the Krautrock end of things.

Could be Dub. I'm from Kildare so I wouldn't know. Oh yes.

Big fan of their first ep & album. Thought the 2nd album was good but that they'd succumbed to the hype and chosen the whole stargate, inner comos shtick over quality song writing (although some great tracks in it). After a few listens this might be the pinnacle since they first started there's a lot bands doing the whole proggy scifi DM thing. This feels like 70s prog wthat added DM parts rather than the usual DM and we've added a cool 3 minute spacey section, aren't we weird and breaking the mold stuff that most bands are doing.
It probably helps that the last year our two I've been listening to as much prog as DM so it's hitting the sweet spot.

Love it. definitely hear the MA influences again, and a pinch of Death in there too. Thankfully its not all synthy stuff like the last release (which i am still ignoring).... Looking forward to hearing the rest of it next week

I don't get the hate for Timewave Zero at all, it's a great album in its own right.

#83 September 30, 2024, 03:24:00 PM Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 03:37:57 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Only heard Stargate so far and im blown away. class stuff. Riedl is a huge fan of Formulas.. so MA have always been part of the spine of this band just in relation to the above comments.

Quote from: Carnage on September 29, 2024, 01:17:31 PMI don't get the hate for Timewave Zero at all, it's a great album in its own right.

For an ambient release the material itself is not good and they probably should have done it as a side project under a different name.

On record they are good but over hyped live they are very good I got to see them touring both full lengths. Have they ever played in Ireland? I remember them being announced for siege one year but I think that ended up being cancelled due to the pandemic.

Will check out the new album but for me Spectral Voice is so much better than BI.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 01, 2024, 03:56:45 PMHave they ever played in Ireland? I remember them being announced for siege one year but I think that ended up being cancelled due to the pandemic.
It wasn't a Siege but a summer gig - Blood Incantation, Malthusian, Zealot Cult, Gealach.  Would have been a belter but yeah the auld COVID did in the whole BI tour and effectively this gig.

Anyway I only listened to the three tracks up on Bandcamp but fuckin yeah they are great and got a fair few goes in now.  Looking forward to the whole thing.

#87 October 01, 2024, 05:25:34 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2024, 05:27:05 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: mickO))) on October 01, 2024, 03:56:45 PM
Quote from: Carnage on September 29, 2024, 01:17:31 PMI don't get the hate for Timewave Zero at all, it's a great album in its own right.

For an ambient release the material itself is not good and they probably should have done it as a side project under a different name.

On record they are good but over hyped live they are very good I got to see them touring both full lengths. Have they ever played in Ireland? I remember them being announced for siege one year but I think that ended up being cancelled due to the pandemic.

Will check out the new album but for me Spectral Voice is so much better than BI.

Both excellent live, but SV were particularly crushing. Haven't found  myself going back to the new SV lp ar all though whereas BI records are still in regular rotation. Certainly don't hate Timewave but there's nothing about it that would make me reach for it over an actual Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze record if I were in that mood

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 01, 2024, 05:25:34 PMBoth excellent live, but SV were particularly crushing. Haven't found  myself going back to the new SV lp ar all though whereas BI records are still in regular rotation. Certainly don't hate Timewave but there's nothing about it that would make me reach for it over an actual Tangerine Dream or Klaus Schulze record if I were in that mood

I only saw SV once myself in 2018 and I wasn't really familiar with the material at the time so I would love to see them again. I agree the 2nd album is good but I don't go back to it all that often either it's always the 1st album and the comp anytime I stick SV on.

A quick 'unboxing' video for the flash version:

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/CFA1CWhG9dd498yY/

It's nice but is it worth €55 odd?