Not sure if those all out proggy bits work for me. Will def need to give the whole thing plenty of time. The heavier bits are savage and the production is great.

#46 September 27, 2024, 08:08:37 AM Last Edit: September 27, 2024, 08:22:34 AM by Pentagrimes
The reggae part can fuck off
Otherwise it's interesting. Yeah, I like it.
Vocals are definitely more coherent too.

I enjoyed it but not really what I was expecting, with the last ep I thought it was setting up for death metal with ambient sections rather than prog rock, a bit Opeth-y though the heavy parts more death metal.

The Gilmore-esque solo was cool.

Not sure what to make of this yet, but I've just listened to the three tracks four times over so I'm enjoying it at least. Seems like it'll be a very involved listen.

Tablet III is the best of them so far.

Digging them so far, only listened with my crappy earbuds, but will be giving the Atmos version a spin on the tv when it releases because I know the record's gonna be late in the post.

Have spent the last few hours listening on repeat - there's a great flow to it all when taken as one piece (which is clearly the intention).

Gonna park it there as I don't want to be burnt out on it before the album even lands in the letterbox :laugh:

I enjoyed Starspawn and Hidden History,  didn't get all the hype around them, but still really solid stuff

This is fucking great though, only had two or three listens so far but for me it's definitely their best

Quote from: ldj on September 27, 2024, 01:16:29 PMI enjoyed it but not really what I was expecting, with the last ep I thought it was setting up for death metal with ambient sections rather than prog rock, a bit Opeth-y though the heavy parts more death metal.

The Gilmore-esque solo was cool.

I got an Opeth vibe as well but more from the heavy bits, oddly enough.

Have listened to this a lot today and will certainly be picking up the LP immediately. Just done with the video. Can't say I understood it, and a couple of bits were perhaps unintentionally goofy, but yeah, the worldbuilding here is serious business.

I've been listening to and absorbed in underground metal for 4 decades and honestly, the only death metal band I can think of who've attempted to fulfill as distinct a vision at this kind of scale is Vincent era Morbid Angel, particularly around BTS and Covenant.

I've been listening to this all day. Amazing. Morbid Angel meets 70s prog.

Quote from: open face surgery on September 27, 2024, 10:45:41 PMI don't hear any Morbid Angel in it.

There's always a bit of Morbid Angel to them I find, usually the phrasing in the vocals and some Trey-isms in the guitars, it's what got me into them.