In no order

Primordial - A Journey's End   
Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame   
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Primordial - To the Nameless Dead
Malthusian - Across deaths

Nice to see a few mentions of Across Deaths. It seemed to receive a fairly muted response upon its release, if I remember correctly.

Corr Mhóna, Slidhr and Old Season could all feature in my list depending on my mood. Same with Rebirth of Nefast. Maybe even the quietly forgotten Altus Astrum whose album was really high quality.

Quote from: Trev on May 17, 2024, 11:04:40 AMGama Bomb - Terror Tapes
Mael Mordha - Cluain Tarbh
Corr Mona - Abhainn
Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning (their most metal album so I'm counting it!)
Vicious Head Society - Abject Society (total Dream Theater worship, and that's a great thing for me)

There hasn't really been any great amount of power/proggy stuff coming from here. Overwhelming majority seem to be of the black/death variety

Didn't The Vicious Head Society chap post on the old forum? I used to chat to him a bit on a videogaming forum (Eurogamer).

Would love to see the stuff in a love setting, but appreciate that'd be a bit tricky.

If it's releases we're doing, can I have the AoP boxset as one of mine?  :laugh:

By one from each band, gonna go with...

Primordial - TGW
Mourning Beloveth - Could be almost any of them, but The Sullen Sulcus just as it's the one I've listened to most over the years, first one I bought, etc.
Altar of Plagues - Mammal
Malthusian - Demo MMXIII
And eh... Sodb maybe? Or Slidhr. Or Dread Sovereign.

I don't really know Corr Mhóna, must give them a proper listen.

Primordial - Spirit the Earth Aflame
Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning (Not my favourite Thin Lizzy album but as mentioned before, the metal album so...)
Malthusian - Below the Hengiform
Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
Slidhr - Deluge

Honourable mention to Gama Bomb - Citizen Brain and Scath na Deithe - Pledge Nothing but Flesh

Quote from: Ducky on May 17, 2024, 01:16:55 PM
Quote from: Trev on May 17, 2024, 11:04:40 AMGama Bomb - Terror Tapes
Mael Mordha - Cluain Tarbh
Corr Mona - Abhainn
Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning (their most metal album so I'm counting it!)
Vicious Head Society - Abject Society (total Dream Theater worship, and that's a great thing for me)

There hasn't really been any great amount of power/proggy stuff coming from here. Overwhelming majority seem to be of the black/death variety

Didn't The Vicious Head Society chap post on the old forum? I used to chat to him a bit on a videogaming forum (Eurogamer).

Would love to see the stuff in a love setting, but appreciate that'd be a bit tricky.
Actually I'm going to give my 5th place to the Vicious Head Society - Extinction level event. Great album from 2021. New album in the works.
Progressive metal of the highest order.

Quote from: Ducky on May 17, 2024, 01:16:55 PMDidn't The Vicious Head Society...

I'd imagine not a lot of women would go for that kind of thing to be honest. The band might feel a bit awkward looking on as well, unless they're total pervs.

I can't put them in order and it would change every so often

Primordial - TTND
Abaddon Incarnate - The Last Supper.
Vircolac - The first 2 demos
Warpath - Gorefare
Frustration -Dying Breed.

It's impossible to narrow it do to 5. There's all the Therapy? stuff.
I'll Eat Your Face, Ten Point Rule, Revolution Of A Sun.... The unreleased Belinus demo.

1. Scáth na Déithe - The Dirge of Endless Mourning
2. Putrefaction - Blood Cult
3. Altar of Plagues - White Tomb
4. Abaddon Incarnate - Pessimist
5. Unyielding Love - Flesh of the Furnace

Yes White tomb is great. All 3 Altar of Plagues are great and all deserve place here.

Quote from: Snare on May 17, 2024, 02:58:58 PM
Quote from: Ducky on May 17, 2024, 01:16:55 PMDidn't The Vicious Head Society...

I'd imagine not a lot of women would go for that kind of thing to be honest. The band might feel a bit awkward looking on as well, unless they're total pervs.

I'm convinced the auto "correct" algorithm is designed to troll :laugh:

Mael Mordha - 2nd Demo
Primordial- Spirit..that opening guitar
Mourning Beloveth – A Murderous Circus
Waylander - Reawakening
Celtic Legacy - Resurrection

Odlum - Organ Odlum
Liga -Liga C classic third album
Dream Topping - Are there deserts in Hell? Proggy but still decent
Winter's Reign - mini album
No sweat - No sweat.

Classics all. 😀

Quote from: Circlepit on May 17, 2024, 03:29:00 PMI can't put them in order and it would change every so often

Primordial - TTND
Abaddon Incarnate - The Last Supper.
Vircolac - The first 2 demos
Warpath - Gorefare
Frustration -Dying Breed.

It's impossible to narrow it do to 5. There's all the Therapy? stuff.
I'll Eat Your Face, Ten Point Rule, Revolution Of A Sun.... The unreleased Belinus demo.
I'd forgotten warpath existed, fuck it they were mighty back in the day

Overoth-Kingdom of Shadows,I always rated that fairly highly in Irish circles.