The new Kneecap album is outrageous

King Krule - The Ooz

Lovely album to just sink into and get sucked into its murky world. Really good on a rainy day.

TODD RUNDGREN - Runt (1970)

Hard rock, power pop, R&B, psychedelia, prog, pure classic pop, blue eyed soul, electronica - As a songwriter, Rundgren is a jack of all trades, and a master of every one. Not to mention being a brilliant producer and an immense musician. The man is a genius, especially his 70's and early 80's work, both solo and with Utopia.

Exit North - Book of Romance and Dust!

Only discovered this recently but I'm hooked! It features Steve Jansen (ex-Japan) and is mostly acoustic. The vocals remind me a little of Nick Cave and Scott Walker but the music is a little reminiscent of Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden with haunting piano, strings, synths and some jazz elements. Also reminds me a little of David Sylvans Secrets of the Beehive.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLms9ySZ50qwIO1_yvV_5-zLHiaB3BtUGU

Quote from: The Wretch on June 20, 2024, 12:21:41 AMTODD RUNDGREN - Runt (1970)

Hard rock, power pop, R&B, psychedelia, prog, pure classic pop, blue eyed soul, electronica - As a songwriter, Rundgren is a jack of all trades, and a master of every one. Not to mention being a brilliant producer and an immense musician. The man is a genius, especially his 70's and early 80's work, both solo and with Utopia.

Only heard of him a few years ago through a Nine Inch Nails connection and listened to some album I'd looked up by him and I can't even remember if I liked it and forgot or didn't like it. I must throw on that now and see

Quote from: astfgyl on June 20, 2024, 06:57:04 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on June 20, 2024, 12:21:41 AMTODD RUNDGREN - Runt (1970)

Only heard of him a few years ago through a Nine Inch Nails connection and listened to some album I'd looked up by him and I can't even remember if I liked it and forgot or didn't like it. I must throw on that now and see

Turned it on and ended up listening to the whole thing. Not something I remember at all tbh but it was fairly cool i was getting Peter Gabriel vibes off it. I'm In The Clique made me laugh a fair bit as well. I may try another few albums of this lad

Shouldn't have spammed the book thread with music probably so here's what I have on

It's one of my favourite Laibach albums

THE PRETTY THINGS - S.F. Sorrow (1968)

Threw on a bit of Jim Croce there. It's grand and all but it was better when I was a teenager and was in love with any young one with tits. Still, kinda cool stuff

Ah fuck ya Jim, you're just too hopeful for my bang tonight so it's back to Also Sprach Zarathustra by Laibach for this evening. I don't even know if this is hopeful or not lol

Good weather=90s Gangsta Rap
Westside Connection:Bow Down.
Compton's Most Wanted:Music to DriveBy
Tha Dogg Pound:Dogg Food
Menace II Society:OST.

That Menace II Society soundtrack is class. That's where I discovered Spice 1 - 187 He Wrote is a banger of an album.

Yes - Close to the Edge

Just absolutely epic.

Love it. That and Fragile are incredible and get plenty of spins. Remember Relayer also being great although more off the wall. Haven't listened to it in years so will get back to it.