Quote from: Carnage on October 01, 2024, 11:37:27 AMSimilar to the Sepultura/Sepultra pronunciation thing, did anyone else pronounce Xentrix as 'ZEN-trix'? That was a thing around my way at the time.
I did until just a few months ago when someone pointed out to me it should be like "Eccentrics"  :laugh:

Yeah, I did for way longer than I should have too.  :laugh:

Yeah, camp zen-trix here, too, after initially calling them exx-entrix. I vaguely remember seeing an interview on Power Hour/Raw Power where they called themselves zen-trix...

Alright, fuck it. They're still Zentrix in my head too.  :laugh:

Ex-entrix here and I'm not likely to change.... mind you I still comment on things like The Point Depot and Opal Fruits so I don't take kindly to change

I'd be an eccentrics man myself but then I've never heard a note of them. It just looked like that was the idea. Anything eccentric about the music at all?

Edit: I still call it The Point as well

Decent late '80s/early '90s thrash, nothing spectacular. They were touted as the British Metallica for a while but it wasn't really there. You've probably heard their Ghostbusters cover at some point.

Quote from: astfgyl on October 01, 2024, 07:54:51 PMI'd be an eccentrics man myself but then I've never heard a note of them. It just looked like that was the idea. Anything eccentric about the music at all?

Edit: I still call it The Point as well
Standard thrash really,  solid stuff but nothing spectacular, they were great live when they played here a while back

And it's always going to be The Point

They'll always be Zentrix here, I did manage to change to the proper Sepultura pronounce over the years though.
Bolt Thrower will always be Spear Chucker and My Dying Bride will always be My Dying Birdie thanks to a glitch on a teletext page one day.
Oh and Old Man's Child ...Oul Boy's Wee Boy
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Zentrix here too.
On a kinda similar vein, I only found out the other day that NOFX means No Effects.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on October 01, 2024, 09:44:02 PMZentrix here too.
On a kinda similar vein, I only found out the other day that NOFX means No Effects.

Presumably they do use some though

Sort of ironic like the lad from Biohazard dipping the wick into overly used birds

For some reason I've had Sepultura's Born Stubborn stuck in my head all day, I haven't heard Roots in about 20 years.