Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 11, 2024, 02:51:43 AMGraveyard band photos are the best. I took some only last week  8)

Was only thinking about this today, some photos popped up on my FB from Sepulcre...not only are they 'the best' but they should also be considered compulsory. Think of all those great photos of Sarcofago, Blasphemy etc. Glorious stuff.

Hugo Weaving is gradually morphing into Okoi Jones...

Ticketmaster ripping people off big time these days. I was going to go to ACDC. The prices are extortionate. 166 euro......insane

Ticketmaster are only ripping off people who allow themselves to be ripped off and, to be fair, why wouldn't they? They're in the business of making money and don't make a secret of it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go. The choice is entirely yours.

Years ago I decided I'd never pay over €50 for a gig ever again. I still go to plenty of gigs and don't feel I've ever missed out on anything special. There's no emotional flapping, either, it's a simple no if it's over €50 no matter who it is. Big gigs are usually shit, let's be honest. You're usually miles away from the fucking band, the sound is shit, you're surrounded by cretins holding their phones in your view and the bands are usually well past their best. Why anyone would pay anything for that experience is beyond me. Go to five or six smaller gigs with the money.

I've always pronounced Xentrix as Zentrix, someone the other day pointed out its actually Eccentrics?

Aye, I called them 'Zentrix' for years until I copped it. Still think it that way.

If nu-metal somehow happened to spawn on a timeline between Sabbath and thrash, it could be recognised as an important step in the evolution of metal. Would the exact same music be held in a higher regard just because of a different placement on the chain?

Wearing flares instead of trackies? Tee hee

No. Whining about how hard it is to be a self-obsessed American teenager when well past that age will never be acceptable. Never.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 16, 2024, 11:32:35 AMTicketmaster are only ripping off people who allow themselves to be ripped off and, to be fair, why wouldn't they? They're in the business of making money and don't make a secret of it. If you don't think it's worth it, don't go. The choice is entirely yours.

Years ago I decided I'd never pay over €50 for a gig ever again. I still go to plenty of gigs and don't feel I've ever missed out on anything special. There's no emotional flapping, either, it's a simple no if it's over €50 no matter who it is. Big gigs are usually shit, let's be honest. You're usually miles away from the fucking band, the sound is shit, you're surrounded by cretins holding their phones in your view and the bands are usually well past their best. Why anyone would pay anything for that experience is beyond me. Go to five or six smaller gigs with the money.
I completely agree, and I generally go to more underground shows than the big expensive ones.

South of Heaven.

Or

Master of Puppets.

????

I'm going MoP but it's way closer than I thought and maybe I have been wrong

Quote from: astfgyl on February 23, 2024, 02:51:22 AMSouth of Heaven.

Or

Master of Puppets.

????

I'm going MoP but it's way closer than I thought and maybe I have been wrong

Funnily enough, the verse riff of  'Behind the Crooked Cross' is suspiciously similar to the verse riff of MoP.

I would say for me some of the tracks on MoP are overly long, (a trend Metallica have pushed past the point of exhaustion since the 2000s) but still a ground breaking classic.

SoH is more to the point and I think has some of Slayers best song writing and guitar playing, which definitely stands in its favour for me.

I'll have to get the two of them out back to back with a couple of cans and see

I'd probably go for MOP just because Orion is on it. Love South of Heaven though, it's my favourite Slayer album.

South Of Heaven, no contest. Their best album by a mile, every track a winner.  Master Of Puppets, as great as it is, still has Leper Messiah and Disposable Heroes, which let the side down.