Whopper announcement. Should be great craic.

"Having just released their lethal new studio album Esto Es Brujeria, Mexican death grind legends BRUJERIA are pleased to announce that they will bring their murderous rampage to our shores next year. The band have announced their 'Esto Es Brujeria - UK & Ireland Tour 2024' with special guests Borstal (feat. Nick Barker on drums).

The mafiosos will present some of their new songs live in the flesh each night, showcasing tracks like 'Mochado', 'Bruja Encabronada' and 'El Patrón Del Reventón'.

El Patrón Juan Brujo states:
"Llevo la Raza para la gran Isla UK! Ahí nos vemos cabrones!"

Tickets will go on-sale Wednesday 4th October @ 10am"

Woah another band I never thought I would see in Ireland. Have seen them twice before once at Hellfest years ago and on the 2018 tour. Great live band. New album was just released as well.

#3 October 02, 2023, 11:41:30 AM Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 11:43:17 AM by Trev
Same seen them at a few festivals and they were brilliant. Haven't listened to any of their stuff since Brujerizmo though, anything worth checking out?

Edit: Just saw they only have two albums out since then! I'll have to give them a spin later

LOL - was literally going to ask the same thing!

#5 October 02, 2023, 12:17:44 PM Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 12:19:29 PM by leatherface
'Raza Odiada' is a good release, though that was when Dino Cazares and Raymond Herrera were in the band, along with Bill Gould from FNM. Not sure about any of the more recent material.

Thought Brujerizmo wasn't great, didn't bother with anything after. First 2 albums were great though.

Guy could do with a geography lesson, too.

I haven't listened to the latest yet it has only been out for about a week or so. I didn't get a physical copy because as seems to be the way with Nuclear Blast these days the vinyl is ridiculously expensive. The previous one was decent with it being the worst of the first 4. Personally Brujerizmo has always been my favourite I think it has the best songs especially for a live setting. The first two albums are great.

Yeah some of the vinyl pricing is out of control. I picked up a cd there off spindizzy at lunch time a more respectable €12

Sale on at Nuclear Blast and the latest album is €22 reduced from €40 for anyone looking for it. Put off buying it myself when it was released due to the ridiculous price. It is a very good album much better than the last one.

https://www.nuclearblast.com/products/brujeria-esto-es-brujeria-ltd-orange-red-split-colored-2-vinyl?_pos=4&_psq=brujeria&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Didn't like the new one at all. I've hardly gone back to it - still dying for the gig as I think it'll be great craic. On record I only really like the first two.

I haven't listened to the new album, although I got the last album and it didn't have much staying power like the early material which has good hooks and memorable riffs.

The latest one is a lot like Brujerizmo which has always been my overall favourite.

Cool, I'll give it a listen over the weekend

a band i've know about for forever but just never got into.
part of me thinks this will be a great gig whether you know the material or not...