Primordial playing Mchughs in Drogheda next Friday night. Billed as a new tour preview show. Support from Drogheda band Raum Kingdom. Hopefully we'll get some of the new songs. Tickets selling well on tickets top.ie

Given that this is likely the last Primordial album, I wonder if they're combining this into a farewell tour/set too. Be cool to hear some proper old stuff.

Can't imagine their last gigs are for a while yet either way.

Album is called How It Ends and moreso Alan has made allusions to it on his podcast (allegedly, I've not listened).

I remember one time in the early 90's a guitarist (not primordial) on the bill got a beautiful shark fin jackson flying V. The kind of thing Andreas Kisser was known for at the time. Beautiful!

Hit a Korn/Manson/tracksuit phase and decided to down tune with the heaviest strings he could find....."bink" neck gone, guitar gone!

It was really good - Primordial played for 1hr45 minimum I'd say. Reasonable spread across the catalogue. Felt like a treat for them to be playing in a small venue.

In no order and just what I remember -
Empire Falls
Coffin Ships
Autumns Ablaze
Failure Has...
Lain With The Wolf
Gods to the Godless
No Nation on this Earth
Maybe two other new tracks
Where Greater Men Have Fallen
To Hell or the Hangman
No Grave Deep Enough
As Rome Burns
Sons of the Morrigan

Raum Kingdom were decent, didn't hold my attention for the duration though. Very busy, lots of people travelled down.

The only time in recent years I've been in McHughs was during the Fleadh in 2019 to see my mam play ukulele so this was a different sorta buzz haha

Saw a setlist that had How It Ends and a song maybe abbreviated to Pilgramage so that your 2 other new ones.

Mad to me how TGW is just relegated to just Coffin Ships now. I'd take anything else off it over a lot/most of post-TTND material.

Quote from: Squigs on September 16, 2023, 02:51:58 PMMad to me how TGW is just relegated to just Coffin Ships now. I'd take anything else off it over a lot/most of post-TTND material.

Totally agree. I'd love to hear them play The Golden Spiral.
Enjoyed the gig. The sound was a bit all over the place at times, especially during Raum Kingdom.
Raum Kingdom did nothing for me but seemed to have a decent following in the crowd.
Primordial were deadly. They seemed to be enjoying themselves too. The new songs sounded great live.

Was all geared up to go to this..... but didn't make it!
Kicking myself this morning!

Did he pull off those high pitched vocals from the new ones and who was on second guitar?