August 15, 2023, 06:01:25 PM Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 11:38:39 AM by Floss
The Grief is excited to present our second album Crucible, to be released globally on October 6, 2023 on digipack CD & on all common streaming platforms.

The album's release will be preceded on September 15, 2023 by the lead digital single "Disenthrall" on all common streaming platforms.

Crucible features 9 songs and over 55 minutes of heart-felt doom metal. The band has chosen the stunning artwork of Yaroslav Gerj again for this album; his artwork has featured on all the band's releases to date. Crucible was recorded at various times during 2022 & early 2023 at The Barn, North Cork & was produced & engineered by Murphy and mastered by Marco Tervonen at StudioMT.

Look forward to checking out Disenthrall on Sept 15th, with several gig announcements and some Merch news to follow around then too!

Superb!

Love the last album; great melodies/harmonies
Gets me in a nice mournful mood 😌

Ball on and roll on.

The artwork is class. Is that the Model Railway Station in Clon that yer man is standing over?

I got some tracks off this on the sly and its unbelievable

Quote from: Snare on August 15, 2023, 07:30:48 PMThe artwork is class. Is that the Model Railway Station in Clon that yer man is standing over?
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Good stuff, the first album is mighty indeed.

#7 August 15, 2023, 10:31:33 PM Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 11:25:17 PM by Eoin McLove
Hexcellent  8)

Cool artwork, yet again.

Great news..all over this..spinning the last cd as we speak

Quote from: Snare on August 15, 2023, 07:30:48 PMBall on and roll on.

The artwork is class. Is that the Model Railway Station in Clon that yer man is standing over?

:laugh:

Listening to "Horizon's Fall" now
'To A New Dawn' is doom heaven
Epic

Quote from: Snare on August 15, 2023, 07:30:48 PMBall on and roll on.

Yup thats Clon  :laugh: .... We are looking at having a Special Edition that comes with a lego Clon Train Station kit with it - just working on it now!  A few gigs lined up and some merch one the go too. First single will come out on Sept 15th on the usual streaming jobbies and the obligatory lyric/visualiser video of course....

The Disenthrall single is out now - check it out on our Bandcamp (thegrief1.bandcamp.com/) or on Spotify etc... lyric video now also live on YouTube!

the full album comes out on CD & Digital on Oct 6th.... gig announcements coming shortly too...!

#12 September 15, 2023, 10:53:55 AM Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 11:07:04 AM by Eoin McLove
Cool song. I love the very end with the high pitched DISENTHRALL going into that solid drum beat. Epic!

I'll pick up a CD and t-shirt.

Edit. Horizon's Fall on now, ta fuck!

#13 September 15, 2023, 11:42:17 AM Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 12:51:10 PM by Floss
Cheers!

Album launch show just announced too....see gigs section

That's brilliant, particularly the vocals. Really strong.