Quote from: Crystal_Logic on April 09, 2024, 11:31:12 AMOne of the lads can't make this so I have a spare ticket. Face value - E45 or £40. Can meet in Dublin or (preferably) send it to you.

I,ll takevit

putting a standing ticket on tmaster for resell there now next 5 mins, cant attend due to work

#18 April 10, 2024, 02:27:04 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:01:32 PM by Crystal_Logic
My other mate has now dropped out.

Same again, £40 or E45. Can transfer on TM app or meet at venue.

Opening band were alright. First and last few songs were pretty decent, stuff in-between got a bit repetitive, although that could've been from the sound being a bit shit back by the bar

Blind Guardian were fucking excellent. Great setlist, didn't go overboard on the new stuff, only three songs. I wouldn't have minded more though, it's their best album since Nightfall

Hansi's voice is in some shape for a lad pushing 60, still hitting a few really high notes, must help that he can rest it whenever he wants and the audience will fill in! :laugh:

Yeah, BG were brilliant. Love Hansi's vocals. Missed The eternal night due to Irish Rail and place wedged when I eventually got in. Talked about coming back next year or so - judging by this MCD should put them in the Olympia. Brilliant live band who seem to enjoy and appreciate the fans.

Great show, thought Guardian were über-awesome...great sound quality as well, at least up on the balcony...as someone else has said, maybe a tad repetitive in the middle, but that's okay...really hope they'll be back sooner than last time...oh, and did anyone see that 'second drummer' or whatever he was at the upper sound or whatever desk for at least one song? What was that all about?

Quote from: Bomberman on April 11, 2024, 12:35:02 AMGreat show, thought Guardian were über-awesome...great sound quality as well, at least up on the balcony...as someone else has said, maybe a tad repetitive in the middle, but that's okay...really hope they'll be back sooner than last time...oh, and did anyone see that 'second drummer' or whatever he was at the upper sound or whatever desk for at least one song? What was that all about?
Interesting. Was stuck in the corner myself downstairs - sound was still decent but I thought the drums were really clear. Nice to see 'Dublin' tour shirts too. Saucy at €35 a pop though

That support band were meh...2-3 songs had decent ideas but worst thing about them was the rock type drum beats that did not suit what they were trying to play and vocals got repetitive really fast, not to mention the muffled sound support acts get in the Academy most times I've been there.

First time seeing Guardian and they put on a great show, vocals seemed really effortless for him. Crowd really lapped up every moment too...I reckon the crowd would have kept going with the singing  :laugh:

Valhalla....