𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐃

Official Blaze Bayley announces his 30 Year Iron Maiden Anniversary Tour with an extensive 2024 Irish Tour with guests Absolva

Saturday 03 February - Skylite Room, Warrenpoint
Sunday 04 February - Bogans Bar Omagh
Wednesday 07 February - Voodoo Belfast / Live at Voodoo Belfast
Thursday 08 February - Upstairs at Whelan's, Dublin
Friday 09 February - Dolans Limerick*
Saturday 10 February - Fred Zeppelins, Cork*

PRE-SALE (Selected venues) BEGINS TOMORROW AT 9AM! Register via Mailing List Sign Up at www.SDEntertainment.co.uk

GENERAL ON SALE THIS MONDAY 26 JUNE at 9AM!   

Blaze Bayley, Metal Hall of Fame inductee, is a singer/songwriter born in the West Midlands area of England on 29th May 1963.

Having started his career as a professional singer with Wolfsbane in 1984, he fronted Iron Maiden between the years 1994 and 1999, touring worldwide and releasing two studio albums - 'The X Factor' and 'Virtual XI', both of which achieved top twenty status in many countries. During his time with Iron Maiden, Blaze co-wrote the single 'Man On The Edge' (from 'The X Factor' album), a top ten hit in the UK, as well as charting successfully across Europe.

Following the Maiden years, Blaze has forged a solo career, proving to be both a prolific songwriter and performer, with ten full length studio albums spanning the years 2000 to 2021, plus a range of live and unplugged releases. Blaze's first solo studio album was the now legendary 'Silicon Messiah' in year 2000 and to-date his most recent is the critically-acclaimed 'War Within Me' from 2021. His latest recording is the live album 'Damaged Strange Different and Live' (official release date 7th July 2023).

His commitment to worldwide touring and connecting with his fans is second to none and since 2014 Blaze has enjoyed a consistent period performing and recording with his backing band Absolva and together they have garnered frequent praise, not least from some spectacular festival appearances such as Sweden Rock, Headbangers Open Air (Germany) and Rock The Coast (Spain).

Following a heart attack and heart bypass surgery in the first half of 2023, Blaze re-starts live concerts from October/November 2023, followed by a UK tour with Wolfsbane in November/December. In 2024 he then begins celebrations for the 30th anniversary of his joining Iron Maiden, with a six date tour of Ireland in February, followed by a European Tour starting 29th February into March which is mainly shows re-scheduled due to his heart attack.

*Not included in pre-sale

Great! And also great to see him back on his feet after surgery, he's UK dates pencilled in for later in the year. He actually looks well, lost a good bit of weight.

These shows are always a bit of craic, and it's great to hear some of the material Maiden would never air, got Virus the last time I seen which really worked well in a live setting.

Brilliant! Will hit this. Poor turnouts for a few of the last visits (in Dublin) but well worth going along too. Great stuff

Yep, piss poor any time I've seen him. Some of those dates could be ghoulish in terms of attendance

For Dublin: Ticketmaster has SOLD OUT! Tickets for Dublin are still available from Tickets.ie here or WAV . Whelan's here

Seems like everywhere in Ireland except Galway...
How come lots of stuff goes to Cork and Limerick not Galway?

Quote from: SD Entertainment on June 26, 2023, 03:30:41 PMFor Dublin: Ticketmaster has SOLD OUT! Tickets for Dublin are still available from Tickets.ie here or WAV . Whelan's here

Brilliant! Got two in the pre-sale. Should be a good night and great to see big demand. Might play the main venue yet??

Quote from: Uinsion on June 26, 2023, 03:49:58 PMHow come lots of stuff goes to Cork and Limerick not Galway?
Since An Cruiscín closed, Cork doesn't get a whole lot anymore. Limerick has taken over in Munster.
Dolan's is ideal for gigs of various sizes with it's three stages. Cork has nothing like it that even comes close.

Quote from: jobrok1 on June 26, 2023, 05:21:40 PMSince An Cruiscín closed, Cork doesn't get a whole lot anymore. Limerick has taken over in Munster.
Dolan's is ideal for gigs of various sizes with it's three stages. Cork has nothing like it that even comes close.

Yeah. Although - to be fair Cyprus Avenue is a great venue in all respects these days since the revamp and they seem to be able to cordon it off when it comes to smaller shows - Unsane recently comes to mind.

Their smallest area - Winthrop Avenue - has absolutely appalling sound by comparison. 

If the Opera House used the space in the Half Moon you'd a have a nice venue. I've been to a few indie gigs the in Green Room recently (the smallest, just re-opened area at the back of the Opera House) and it's a very cool room with great sound, sight-lines and bar/jacks access.

Cyprus Avenue aren't too arsed with metal gigs anymore, though. Few and far between.

They have put some on in the past that have everyone out by 11pm and then they have a regular club on after.
More of that would be welcome.

Think I'll hit this...his show at Fibbers many years ago still ranking high in my personal 'best ever gigs' list...

𝗘𝗫𝗧𝗥𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗞 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗔𝗗𝗗𝗘𝗗 ON SUNDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2024. EARLIER DOORS OF 6.00PM

Tickets from Tickets.ie.

DUBLIN SHOW is running low

The Cork venue curse strikes again.
A bigger venue is needed for gigs like these.
Would Cyprus Avenue not be game for it? Or is it just not available?

Quote from: StoutAndAle on June 27, 2023, 02:40:26 PM
Quote from: jobrok1 on June 26, 2023, 05:21:40 PMSince An Cruiscín closed, Cork doesn't get a whole lot anymore. Limerick has taken over in Munster.

Yeah. Although - to be fair Cyprus Avenue is a great venue in all respects these days since the revamp and they seem to be able to cordon it off when it comes to smaller shows - Unsane recently comes to mind.

Their smallest area - Winthrop Avenue - has absolutely appalling sound by comparison. 

If the Opera House used the space in the Half Moon you'd a have a nice venue. I've been to a few indie gigs the in Green Room recently (the smallest, just re-opened area at the back of the Opera House) and it's a very cool room with great sound, sight-lines and bar/jacks access.

Jesus, really? Been to a good few of those Green Room gigs now and I have to say the sound has been laughably shit for everything bar Pretty Happy (they sounded great, every other band that night were done dirty). Like it's to the point that I'm not sure if I'm arsed with the place anymore.

Quote from: jobrok1 on June 27, 2023, 03:32:53 PMCyprus Avenue aren't too arsed with metal gigs anymore, though. Few and far between.

They have put some on in the past that have everyone out by 11pm and then they have a regular club on after.
More of that would be welcome.

All the recent ones I've seen there have been fucking great (solid bookings as well, Boris, Unsane, LLNN) so hopefully more to come in that vein. The place can take it so well.

Just realised the Dublin show is upstairs at Whelan's, very small venue. Hopefully we can stay free and do the silent disco afterwards.