Quote from: Juggz on January 11, 2019, 01:01:14 PM
To replace Jim.

Prior to Randy Rhoads, Gary Moore was being lined up to be guitarist for Blizzard of Ozz but, having grown frustrated with Lynott's addictions, Moore was relucatant to swap Phil and replace him with Ozzy.

The artwork for Darkthrone's The underground Resistance, was done by our very own Jim Fitzpatrick (Most famous for Che Guevara print & Thin Lizzy covers)

There's only one Jim Martin! Ferocious guitar player.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 01:08:15 PM

Fact! He also came up with the cover concept for Testament's Practice What You Preach album.

Wandering back to Ozzy's guitarists, Steve Vai was lined up to play on what would become Ozzmosis... which would have been interesting, only to get the cold shoulder treatment after several recording sessions.

#19 January 11, 2019, 01:28:23 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 01:31:21 PM by Wiseblood
Quote from: Juggz on January 11, 2019, 01:11:07 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 11, 2019, 01:08:15 PM

Fact! He also came up with the cover concept for Testament's Practice What You Preach album.

Wandering back to Ozzy's guitarists, Steve Vai was lined up to play on what would become Ozzmosis... which would have been interesting, only to get the cold shoulder treatment after several recording sessions.

Didn't Alex Skolnick get similar treatment? Landed he gig then cuntballs Sharon decided she didn't like the look of him.

Also agree on Jim Martin. Great player. Last seen doing live work with Infectious Grooves.

Keeping on the guitarist slot theme, both Bobby Gustafson and Lee Altus were lined up for Megadeth but both turned it down. Gustafson reckoned he'd have thumped Mustaine and Altus was not down with the drugs issue.

Devin Townsend once shoved Jay Leno's landline telephone up his hole. I can't remember what his reasoning was, but there's a photo floating around online.

In the early days of SYL he was getting dicked around by a record company (Sony possibly?) and he was getting fairly fucked off with them because the only cared about money. They asked him to send the demos for an album and sent him a post-paid shipping label so he wouldn't be charged shipping fees. He got a great big box, filled it with rocks, stuck a photo of his ass on top, and attached the shipping label so they got charged a fuckton for shipping a box of rocks across the country. There's also a photo floating around I believe.

#23 January 11, 2019, 02:42:18 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:45:03 PM by Cernunnos
Quote from: Hambeast on January 11, 2019, 02:22:48 PM
Devin Townsend once shoved Jay Leno's landline telephone up his hole. I can't remember what his reasoning was, but there's a photo floating around online.

I just searched for that photo, he was a total nutter back then, id get banned from this site if i shared that photo , filthy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

His Reason for doing so :

Explaining how he got to the backstage with the band and his buddy Mark, Devin added: "We were like, 'These guys suck. This sucks.' And Steve's in a shitty mood and Jay Leno's like, *funny voice* 'How you doin' kid?' So Mark's like, 'We should fuck with them.'

"So we went into the backroom, there's an office there, a green room, a phone and all this stuff. So we locked the door, I took all my clothes off and started doing all these poses and Mark's like, 'You should stick that phone up your ass.' So I did and we took a photo and it's online"

On the Live in Leipzig album the "are you dead?" "come on join us" "come on Leipzig " is actually Necrobutcher and not Dead.
The gun that Samoth posed with for the Zyklon B pictures belonged to Ihsahns father who was a police  officer.

The original Whiplash lineup in '84 consisted of 3 members, and they were all called Tony.

Quote from: Cernunnos on January 11, 2019, 02:42:18 PM
Quote from: Hambeast on January 11, 2019, 02:22:48 PM

I just searched for that photo, he was a total nutter back then, id get banned from this site if i shared that photo , filthy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

His Reason for doing so :

Explaining how he got to the backstage with the band and his buddy Mark, Devin added: "We were like, 'These guys suck. This sucks.' And Steve's in a shitty mood and Jay Leno's like, *funny voice* 'How you doin' kid?' So Mark's like, 'We should fuck with them.'

"So we went into the backroom, there's an office there, a green room, a phone and all this stuff. So we locked the door, I took all my clothes off and started doing all these poses and Mark's like, 'You should stick that phone up your ass.' So I did and we took a photo and it's online"

I'm still curious of the thought process between "we should fuck with them" and "I'm going to shove a telephone up my ass"  :laugh:

If you ever want to get someone back with minimal effort, particularly if they work in an office, you just leave a post-it on their phone which reads "This phone has been up my arse."

It will stop anyone in their tracks. It's a classic move, quite well known, I thought.

Fair play to him for actually following through.