Quote from: Paul keohane on February 28, 2023, 06:01:57 PM
Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMWas Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.
Mayhem nowhere near Emperor in terms of popularity,both bands might have come out of the first wave of BM etc.But Emperor streets ahead in terms.of out output imo,Mayhem living on reputation more than anything else.

This is true. Most lads begin and end at dmds.

They're wrong but that's how it is

Quote from: astfgyl on February 28, 2023, 06:21:52 PM
Quote from: ochoill on February 24, 2023, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2023, 04:59:17 PMThis better not sell out before I can score tickets next Tuesday
Can't get them meself until next month so in even worse panic lol

That's fixed.

Yup I'm in!!
Sound as a pound, can't wait to refuse to drink pints in the pub because of the price of them, and then for you to get kicked out after one song

Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMSeen the instagram post saying tickets for this 70% sold out already.

Went to get one and standing is €73.15?!

Can someone explain what that price is about? The same show in Glasgow is £55 (I think even £55 is too much by the way).

Was Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.

Mayhem are an active and touring band. Emperor do a handful of shows for 2-3 years, break up then get back together and do the same all over again. I mentioned earlier tickets for the US shows are $100 so far more expensive then here and tickets for the Australian shows in May are 100 aus which or more less what we are paying here.

Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMWas Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.
Mayhem nowhere near Emperor in terms of popularity,both bands might have come out of the first wave of BM etc.But Emperor streets ahead in terms.of out output imo,Mayhem living on reputation more than anything else.

Careful now Ted....
That's controversial!

Quote from: Circlepit on February 28, 2023, 06:48:21 PM

Careful now Ted....
That's controversial!
Quote from: mickO))) on February 28, 2023, 06:42:03 PM
Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 04:48:42 PMSeen the instagram post saying tickets for this 70% sold out already.

Went to get one and standing is €73.15?!

Can someone explain what that price is about? The same show in Glasgow is £55 (I think even £55 is too much by the way).

Was Mayhem not €30? A similar 'calibre' band.

Mayhem are an active and touring band. Emperor do a handful of shows for 2-3 years, break up then get back together and do the same all over again. I mentioned earlier tickets for the US shows are $100 so far more expensive then here and tickets for the Australian shows in May are 100 aus which or more less what we are paying here.

I do understand Emperor play less and this show will be more 'special' in terms of setlist and the fact they haven't played here before.

It doesn't stop the price being mental to me.

Have you ever paid €73 including ticket fees for a single metal gig in Dublin before? If you have i'm sure not many.

Quote from: ochoill on February 28, 2023, 06:37:33 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 28, 2023, 06:21:52 PM
Quote from: ochoill on February 24, 2023, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 24, 2023, 04:59:17 PMThis better not sell out before I can score tickets next Tuesday
Can't get them meself until next month so in even worse panic lol

That's fixed.

Yup I'm in!!
Sound as a pound, can't wait to refuse to drink pints in the pub because of the price of them, and then for you to get kicked out after one song

Lol like every other thing we ever go to

Quote from: A.A.P on February 28, 2023, 06:58:10 PMI do understand Emperor play less and this show will be more 'special' in terms of setlist and the fact they haven't played here before.

It doesn't stop the price being mental to me.

Have you ever paid €73 including ticket fees for a single metal gig in Dublin before? If you have i'm sure not many.

It depends on what you define as metal. Some of the bigger shows I have paid that and more.

Last year I bought the Nightside and Anthems half speed LP reissues it was over 80euro including shipping that to me is far more mental than the price of this show.

Wasn't Manowar pricey enough when they played here? If people are willing to pay it.....

Mayhem play here every other year it's hard to get excited about seeing them again, but Emperor yes!

Got my standing tickets, can't wait for this! Will be worth the money I'm sure

Quote from: keeper of kalessin on February 28, 2023, 08:20:56 PMGot my standing tickets, can't wait for this! Will be worth the money I'm sure

Bought the standing ones as well so I can act the absolute bollix when I get there

Quote from: jpm4 on February 28, 2023, 07:25:07 PMWasn't Manowar pricey enough when they played here? If people are willing to pay it.....

Mayhem play here every other year it's hard to get excited about seeing them again, but Emperor yes!

Also as I said, everyone only knows the one album and at least half only pretend they like it so they can be in the kvlt

I agree that DMDS is the only essential album by Mayhem but in my estimation it's a better and more important album than anything by Emperor. But sure...

Mayhem have had plenty great albums since DMDS. Daemon in particular is a beast. As someone said Mayhem are an active band and Emperor are retired but open to a payday. I would have paid €100 with a smile on my face if that was the price.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 28, 2023, 10:18:30 PMI agree that DMDS is the only essential album by Mayhem but in my estimation it's a better and more important album than anything by Emperor. But sure...

There is something special about the Emperor stuff though that sets it apart.
Having said that DMDS has something none of the rest of the bands from that time could conjure up.

The funny thing is I have more nostalgia for ITNE having bought it in the mid 90s and I didn't get into DMDS until the mid 00s. I have listened to Mayhem more.