"Paddleton" starring Mark Duplass and Ray Romano is excellent.

Up on Netflix.

Quote from: The Heretic on April 09, 2019, 02:31:33 PM
Quote from: Ollkiller on April 09, 2019, 01:15:23 PM
Havent watched a superhero movie in years. Guardians of the galaxy (whcih was terrible) was the last one I watched. I just find them all so tedious.

I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy but on the whole, apart from the last Thor, I haven't enjoyed one in a long time. Venom was muck, Aquaman I turned off after 20 mins, the Black panther, despite all the drama around it, was cack, Wonder Woman woegeous, Suicide Squad horrendous, The Avengers in general...pfff, just leaves me cold. Anythjng with an XMan in it, I just want to vomit, though Logan was enjoyable enough. One I did enjoy was Bumble Bee, the Transformers movie. But, on the whole, a lot of wasted time.

same here...

Just saw Pet Sematary,  pretty shitty overall, even  John Lithgow couldn't save it.

Quote from: Weltenfeind on April 09, 2019, 10:48:10 PM
Just saw Pet Sematary,  pretty shitty overall, even  John Lithgow couldn't save it.

He was the only reason I was even considering downloading it but really wasn't expecting much either way.

Watching Braveheart again.. fuck me it's still just as good as the first time  :abbath:

Captain Marvel a big pile of steaming dogshite. Can't believe I got talked jnto going to it. That's me and anything to do with Marvel, Avengers, gimps in superhero suits done. Every film.the exact fucking same too..drivel, unbelievable drivel.  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Bro, fukkk offf  :laugh: :laugh:

I mean that tongue in cheek of course. That said, I feel violated having paid to see that muck tonight, no amount of scrubbing will get the stain off. I need a healthy dose of 80's macho classics to sort me out. Rambo, Commando, Die Hard etc. This modern shitehawkery isn't cutting it.  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Shazam  is actually a great film to be fair, easily the best of the new DC films, which isn't saying much but still.

Can anyone recommend a good, well acted cop movie, thriller or mystery. Still trying to scrub Captain Marvel's smelly fanny off of me. Something with a cop smoking, investigating, a storyline...please!! No fake sentimentality shit either, just a good action flick or something. Do these things even exist anymore?? Fuck superheroes  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: Pedrito on April 21, 2019, 09:03:58 PM
Can anyone recommend a good, well acted cop movie, thriller or mystery. Still trying to scrub Captain Marvel's smelly fanny off of me. Something with a cop smoking, investigating, a storyline...please!! No fake sentimentality shit either, just a good action flick or something. Do these things even exist anymore?? Fuck superheroes  :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:
The Nice Guys is brilliant, made by the guy who did the Lethal Weapon films.

If you want action, John Wick and John Wick 2 are decent. That being said, the driver for revenge in them is sentiment but, then again, they killed his dog so the thousands of gallons of blood spilled were harsh but fair.

The Eastwood & bronson stuff is good

Dirty Harry
Death Wish

Quote from: ldj on April 21, 2019, 10:23:15 PM
The Nice Guys is brilliant, made by the guy who did the Lethal Weapon films.

The Nice Guys is excellent, never thought a film with Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling as the leads would make me laugh so much.

Watching Tombstone atm.. still do good