Quote from: Ollkiller on April 23, 2021, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: Carnage on April 23, 2021, 03:39:21 PM
Three savage fillums there. I see the next Mad Max film is a Furiosa origin story, Anya Taylor Joy playing her.

Brilliant news. I read an article before where Miller has 3 more mad max films he wants to do. And let him at it. Fury Road gets regular watches. Such a class film.

Haven't watched it since cinema myself, but I loved it. Of course I was properly binned, but I do remember some very subtle work on the 3D aspect that were genuinely artistically stunning.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 23, 2021, 06:18:48 PM
Quote from: Ollkiller on April 23, 2021, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: Carnage on April 23, 2021, 03:39:21 PM
Three savage fillums there. I see the next Mad Max film is a Furiosa origin story, Anya Taylor Joy playing her.

Brilliant news. I read an article before where Miller has 3 more mad max films he wants to do. And let him at it. Fury Road gets regular watches. Such a class film.

Haven't watched it since cinema myself, but I loved it. Of course I was properly binned, but I do remember some very subtle work on the 3D aspect that were genuinely artistically stunning.

When I saw it in the cinema I was the only person at it. Glorious.

Haven't seen mad max ( Tom Hardy) since I watched it in the cinema when it first came out. Is it worth a rewatch?

Quote from: Blackout on April 23, 2021, 07:03:15 PM
Haven't seen mad max ( Tom Hardy) since I watched it in the cinema when it first came out. Is it worth a rewatch?

Fuck yeah. It's savage.

Must go back to it. I switched it off about half an hour in.

It was great in the cinema, saw it in the one in Middleton when it came out. Still a fine film but Road Warrior is much richer in my opinion.

On Sky Movies now, as it happens. Sure you'd have to leave it on.

Speaking of films not seen since cinema, had a smoke and watched Melancholia last night. Von Trier at his most audacious, pretentious, and best. The first ten minutes, nicely toasted, are a beautiful trip all the same.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 24, 2021, 06:38:33 PM
Speaking of films not seen since cinema, had a smoke and watched Melancholia last night. Von Trier at his most audacious, pretentious, and best. The first ten minutes, nicely toasted, are a beautiful trip all the same.

Yep it's good. People always give shit to von Trier but his charm for me is setting him off to be as pretencious and audacious as he wants.

Watched "The Trial Of The Chicago 7" the other night - loved it. Great performances all round and it has a sense of humour not found in many of this year's Oscar batch. Much light and more enjoyable than "Judas & The Black Messiah" which has its roots in the same topic. Netflix.

Also watched "The Front Runner" about 1988's US presidential candidate shoo-in Gary Hart letting his lad make absolute shit of his career. It was OK, the acting is top-notch but the whole thing doesn't quite gel properly. Jason Reitman has obviously studied Altman's career but can't emulate here. Also Netflix.

Finally I watched Nicolas Winding Refn's 1996 debut "Pusher" which I thought I had seen but always get confused with "Doberman" for some reason. It is fucking aces -highly recommended. The "Pusher" trilogy is on MUBI currently. 

Don't watch the Pusher remake. Seriously.

Pusher is brilliant, have only seen the first one so must check the rest out

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on April 29, 2021, 12:29:29 PM
Pusher is brilliant, have only seen the first one so must check the rest out

The second one is every bit as good as the first, the third is brilliant too but ends a bit more depressing. The second one is an underrated gem.

And yes, forget the English remake. They tried to do it in Refn's newer style (neon style) without the charm and grittiness of the original.

Watched The Mitchells v The Machines on Netflix with the family tonight, really great fun. Excellent film, young fella's fave film ever apparently. Nearly 2hrs long but it flew by. Highly recommended, even without kids!

Things Heard and Seen - starts out reasonably well and appears to be building to something but fuck all happens......pile a shite, avoid.