Ah for fuck sake the kids are after recording over it with a rake of american teen shit sitcoms. Ah here the fuckin eejits done me I had it recorded off Film 4 and now it isn't on demand or on netflix. Last time I went to watch it my wife killed the buzz stone dead and now this. Wait what about amazon prime... yeah fuck that they aren't getting 3.99 off me for something I've already been robbed of

Clint Eastwood it is for tonight so

Kill list was a great film.
I thought high rise was a pile of shit and I haven't seen a field in England yet but I get the feeling I won't like it it looks a bit arty farty for me.
I watched the Halloween tree last night. Old cartoon based on Ray Bradburys book.
Anyone on here who has kids today would be a good day to show it to them. The art is still great in it.

Someone mentioned it during the week, so hot on the heels of the Godfather trilogy, decided to throw on Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula last night. I'd forgotten just what a hot (in every sense) mess (in every sense) it is. Aside from Oldman's overacting, Reeve's and Ryder's atrocious acting, the film itself is terribly put together, with tension suffering a crushing defeat under the avalanche of faux-thespian, Nosferatu-nodding over-the-top schlock.

What actually are the best "traditional" vampire movies??

I love the old hammer flicks, christopher lee will always be dracula for me

If you want the best vampire film then check out Kathryn Bigelow's Near Dark. Has 3 of the cast of Aliens in it. Been said to have a western feel but set in modern  times (well 1980s) in the southern American states.

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on November 01, 2020, 11:04:22 PM

If you want the best vampire film then check out Kathryn Bigelow's Near Dark. Has 3 of the cast of Aliens in it. Been said to have a western feel but set in modern  times (well 1980s) in the southern American states.

Jesus, good call. haven't seen Near Dark in almost twenty years I'd say! Totally forgotten about it but, yeah, class film. I guess when I said "traditional", I meant "period" (blood flow pun unintended). I'm a big Hammer fan too actually, and maybe the problem with Coppola's effort is that he tried to make a "serious" Hammer movie...?

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 01, 2020, 10:45:24 PM
Someone mentioned it during the week, so hot on the heels of the Godfather trilogy, decided to throw on Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula last night. I'd forgotten just what a hot (in every sense) mess (in every sense) it is. Aside from Oldman's overacting, Reeve's and Ryder's atrocious acting, the film itself is terribly put together, with tension suffering a crushing defeat under the avalanche of faux-thespian, Nosferatu-nodding over-the-top schlock.

The vampire lovers and Lust for a vampire.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 01, 2020, 11:11:33 PM
Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on November 01, 2020, 11:04:22 PM

Jesus, good call. haven't seen Near Dark in almost twenty years I'd say! Totally forgotten about it but, yeah, class film. I guess when I said "traditional", I meant "period" (blood flow pun unintended). I'm a big Hammer fan too actually, and maybe the problem with Coppola's effort is that he tried to make a "serious" Hammer movie...?
Plague of the Zombies is my favourite Hammer flick and possibly my second favourite Zombie film after 28 days later (yeah it's a Zombie flick).

I remember 30 years ago channel 4 would play hammer films late on a Friday night which me and my brother used to watch. Plague was on one Friday then the next week The Reptile was next. We noticed that they used the same set for the pub, and in both films they had to dig up a grave. And in one film they got caught by a police man digging up the grave, who was played by the same guy who was the barman in the other film (Michael Ripper I think he was called).

Great times

You are completely wrong sorry.
That film is fucking class.

Quote from: blessed1 on November 02, 2020, 08:26:21 AM

+1 Great movie indeed. Great Hammer vibes, and excellent practical effects., Keannu's accent... ,they travel by map for fucks sake! What's not to like?

Watched that Crawl movie last night.
The one with the storm and the alligators.
There's no story but the effects are really cool and the storm setting made it look great as well.
Recommended if you ust want to switch the brain of for 90 mins.

Watched the original amityville horror as well.
Pure shite.

Got round to two I'd been meaning to watch for a while, given it was Halloween. Usually with films like this I leave it go til hype and discussion is gone completely so I can give them a fair watch. Works well!

Climax - had the feel of an extremely distressing stage show. Incredible work, imo, I enjoyed the fuck out of it. Yes it's a bit OTT but it's Gaspar NoƩ and it was never advertised as anything but. This sequence in particular was a standout for me, belter of a hypnotic choooon, movements and everything just came together beautifully, signalling things going downhill. It'll definitely get another watch or 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZA80GrYsek

Midsommar - Again, nailed it for me, visually beautiful, and a nice contrast to the usual dark horror aesthetic.

#1121 November 02, 2020, 02:33:43 PM Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 03:38:04 PM by Carnage
Coppola's Dracula and Brannagh's Frankenstein are both great, overblown, hammy versions of classic stories, a fine double bill there. Never mind that they're objectively bad films, they're a bit of craic. Dracula in particular looks brilliant.

Watched Ready Or Not the other night. A woman marries into a (stereotypically dysfunctional) rich family, the family tradition is to play a game on any wedding night. The game happens to be hide and seek, but Fucking Turbo Death Hide And Seek. Thriller, horror, farce & satire - it's utterly ridiculous but great fun.

Watched A Quiet Place again last night, enjoyed it much more the second time 'round. Still can't stand Emily Blunt, though.

Midsommar was great.
Has anyone seen his first short movie.
It's on youtube and it is fuckin crazy.

Quote from: blessed1 on November 02, 2020, 08:26:21 AM

Yep it's a class  movie.

Watched The Rock last night. Connery just pure masculinity emanating from the screen..legend.

Dracula is a great laugh. Is it for the thespians? Maybe not but who cares?

Good call in 'The Rock', might be able to watch something handy tonight after enduring 'The Conjuring' yesterday.