For anyone who cares, I recently picked up these 'boutique' blu-rays from cool labels. Good prices, shame Criterion's best stuff is all region A.

Arrow Media:
Hellraiser 1-3 Boxset
Videodrome
Audition
An American Werewolf in London
Exorcist 3

Masters of Cinema/Eureka:
Seconds
Onibaba
Rumble Fish
Werewolf (Polish)
November (Estonian)

Indicator:
Hardcore
Body Double

Criterion:
Stalker
Grey Gardens

Also grabbed Friedkin's Sorcerer and Possession from '81.

First Love
37 Seconds
Better Days
Hala

Watched High Fidelity for the first time in well over a decade today. Still a great watch.

Reminded me of a cinema theory another stoner mate and I came up with once while watching Payback; that there's no bad film in which someone gets smacked in the face with a telephone  :laugh:

Great film, love the book too

The Forest of Love
Kindergarden Teacher

The King on Netflix. Good watch, with that French lad who's in tge new Dune.

Watched I See You. Fairly shite horror/thriller but bonus points for Helen Hunt looking like Odo from Deep Space 9. Hurrah for plastic surgery.

All Roads to Pearla
A Stranger Among the Living

Watched a fair few movies recently, including Godfather Parts I and II. 15 minutes into the latter I realized, much to my own surprise, that I'd never actually seen it  :-X Must have seen Part I and Part III about three times each in my life, so I guess that's where the confusion came from...? Just one of those things I guess. Anyway, what a fucking movie! A real step up in terms of story-telling but, especially, cinematography, and basically just film-making from the (obviously also excellent) first part.

Plus, bonus guest appearances from both Junior Corrado and the limo driver from Spinal Tap!

Beanpole
The Golden Glove

Watched Dumb and Dumber last night. Nothing clever about it, but refreshing in its' innocence and a good one for taking one's mind off things. Second one was shite though.

For what it is, it's fairly unbeatable. Never watched the second and prob never will.

I put myself through it, even though I knew it was going to be useless from the very first gag. It doesn't tarnish the first one but it's a bad waste of an hour and a half

Saw Lux Aeterna, Gaspar Noé's latest project, this morning. He really is just about the last true artist working in cinema today. I mean, for better or worse, but complementary to what Jodorowsky was saying above, Noé is definitely someone who is making art more than he's making movies.