Calm With Horses - quite enjoyable.

Nightbreed - fuckin awful.

Struggled through Ad Astra.
Actually took me a couple of weeks to get through it.
I kept waiting for some sort of a pay-off which never came.

Utterly pointless movie... trying to some sort of a "2001: A Space Odyssey".
But completely missing the mark.

Pitt really needs to fuck off with his pet projects.
Cause they are utter fucking scutter.

Finally got around to sticking on "Dredd" last night. Pretty good. Sticks to the soul of the comics. Karl Urban was great.

The effects when they take the drug kind of bored me but then I read that it was intended to be see in 3D. This would have made them more tolerable, I suppose, even though I really don't like watching 3D films all that much. 

It's pretty astounding that Judge Dredd hasn't had a better run at a franchise. The fanbase is there - perhaps aging a bit now. I'm not sure if the younger generation is still buying 2000AD or the Megazines. I just buy the collected Dredd Casefiles these days.

#768 May 29, 2020, 04:21:50 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:23:28 PM by Thorn
Final Destination 5 today, got a soft spot for those movies. And watching numptys perish in creative ways. Well just those bits really.

Watched I am Legend the other day. Always enjoy it, just a well done idea in general. Led me down the road of a few other blockbusters..Edge of Tomorrow which I enjoyed aswell. Then watched Oblivion which was cool with a rocky enough storyline.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 28, 2020, 10:29:06 AM

It's pretty astounding that Judge Dredd hasn't had a better run at a franchise. The fanbase is there - perhaps aging a bit now. I'm not sure if the younger generation is still buying 2000AD or the Megazines. I just buy the collected Dredd Casefiles these days.

Ya another one I'm surprised hasn't been made into a movie or TV show is warhammer 40k.
That would be unreal if it was done right.

I Am Legend would have been fine if they hadn't used CGI for the infected, or at least handled it better. They were embarrassingly crap.

Oblivion might have gone down better if the first twist hadn't been revealed in the trailer and the second one hadn't been as obvious as those in The Prestige.

Quote from: Pedrito on May 29, 2020, 06:05:00 PMEdge of Tomorrow which I enjoyed aswell. Then watched Oblivion which was cool with a rocky enough storyline.

Loved edge of tomorrow, really entertaining. Oblivion was pretty good as well.

Not watched this in a long time... love it so much  ::)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102984/

The young fellas are forcing me to watch The Land Before Time again. Between the nostalgia and the sheer misery of it, it is a truly harrowing experience every time. And yet they keep asking for it again and again, oblivious to how they are destroying me.  It's definitely Don Bluth's heaviest album.

Finished the lord of the rings trilogy last night with the young f'la, he started freaking out when Frodo gets his finger bit off at the end, and later sighing loudly at the drawn out ending. The third one is definitely the weakest of the three looking back.

I did a rewatch of the LOTR trilogy about 2 years ago with the older kids and I have to say I came to the same conclusion about the 3rd one. It's still good but it really drags towards the end.

Did The Hobbit movies around the same time and wasn't delighted with those at all going back to them

The problem with the hobbit is the god awful CGI, it's like a cartoon. It's also stretched too thinly.

The first one is enjoyable though.

Yeah, as much as I thought I'd enjoy a solid 3 hour battle, I found it boring.

Ya, Return of the King is the weakest of the 3.

The Hobbit should never have been 3 films. I'd get over the CGI but the goofy characterisation, that spasticated elf/dwarf love story..... Ugh, criminal.