Just watched the last Star Wars extravaganza. Total shitshow that had the potential to be amazing. Definitely way better than the 2nd movie that just hampered so much of the storyline. Some great bits but ultimately a feeling of 'what the fuck?' pervades.

Quote from: blessed1 on March 03, 2020, 06:37:21 PM
Inside (the French film)
Event horizon.
The witch.
The Blair Witch project.
Candyman.
The silence of the lambs.
In the mouth of madness.
The faculty.
Sleepy hollow.
Scream.
Interview with the vampire.
Cronos.
There's a few for you and that's just of the top of my head.
But i guess you will just say you don't rate them either.

:laugh: Come on now who likes Scream or the Blair Witch project even Joe Joyce himself doesn't rate those films.

I haven't seen Insider so can't comment on that.

The only films in the list that I would rate are interview and Silence of the lambs and neither of those are horror films.

I really liked House of a 1000 Corpses and the other one Rob Zombie did around the same time. I'm not big into horror though, have to say.

The original of Funny Games isn't exactly a horror, but it's a fucking great movie if you're into psychos on screen.

I thought Funny Games was shite.  Didn't connect with me at all.  Let the Right One In was a fantastic modern horror. Pan's Labyrinth was another hum-dinger, but it wasn't strictly horror.

You thought the German one was shite? Ah well.

Let The Right One In is great alright.

I think it was the remake of Funny Games I watched, in fact.

Been trying to find good horrors recently, more along the lines of The Exorcist than slasher shit.

That being said I was told about a film called "The Borderlands", a found-footage British horror. Characters weren't bad and story was basic but enough for me to watch. Whole thing wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be except the last 5 minutes which were terrifying for reasons other than gore or shock/fright stuff. Not the best film but probably worth a watch.

Horror aside, I watched "Bait" yesterday too, blew me away to be honest. The experimental side of the filming was cool but the themes and acting (which was weirdly brilliant) got me. Definitely worth watching.

Quote from: mickO))) on March 03, 2020, 09:24:30 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on March 03, 2020, 06:37:21 PM
Inside (the French film)
Event horizon.
The witch.
The Blair Witch project.
Candyman.
The silence of the lambs.
In the mouth of madness.
The faculty.
Sleepy hollow.
Scream.
Interview with the vampire.
Cronos.
There's a few for you and that's just of the top of my head.
But i guess you will just say you don't rate them either.

:laugh: Come on now who likes Scream or the Blair Witch project even Joe Joyce himself doesn't rate those films.

Ah here big Joe loves nothing more than watching the scream trilogy after a slab of Guinness gone down the hatch. He watches them naked with just the mask on as well 😄

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 03, 2020, 09:51:13 PM
I really liked House of a 1000 Corpses and the other one Rob Zombie did around the same time. I'm not big into horror though, have to say.

The original of Funny Games isn't exactly a horror, but it's a fucking great movie if you're into psychos on screen.

Funny games was class.

So then.

Watched π for the first time in a long time. Intense is not even the suitable term. Total bloody headtrip in every sense of the word. Good film though - excellently shot. Possibly better than Requiem?

i watched a very strange dutch film called borgman last night. im still not too sure what to make of it.
i also watched an excellent film called the silence last week as well. its about two paedophiles and a murder they commit. the ending of this one is especially good and had me thinking about it for days. excellent film with a very heavy subject matter that  was done really well.

Borgman is great. For obvious reasons, I was reminded of it while watching Parasite. But yeah, as to what it's actually about...your bet's as good as mine!

#612 March 11, 2020, 09:33:39 PM Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:40:23 PM by blessed1
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 11, 2020, 09:26:22 PM
Borgman is great. For obvious reasons, I was reminded of it while watching Parasite. But yeah, as to what it's actually about...your bet's as good as mine!

ya i know theres some reference to inviting evil into your home and all that but the rest has me stumped.
i do quite enjoy these types of films though for some reason.
hidden was another film i liked but i really didnt get it at the end. then i was reading about it and apparently the basis for the story is a massacre that took place in paris. i wouldnt have caught anything of that while watching the film.
i think its the atmosphere of absolute dread and knowing something bad is going to happen that keeps me gripped.

On a similar "didnt entirely get it but enjoyed it" tip, very much enjoyed "Monos"

Watched a French Canadian horror/thriller last night called 5150 elms way.
Your best off not knowing much about it going in but I would highly recommend it.
Fairly crazy.