For me I think Jay and Silent Bob is his best film the only other one that comes close is Clerks. I haven't seen Clerks 2 yet. One film hated though was Dogma. I haven't seen it in years must rewatch this week.

I think Jay and Silent bob is bit like Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo. Deuce has such a bad reputation among all the critics but it's one of the funniest films ever made. I couldn't believe how good it was and every person I have recommended it to that watched it, loved it.

Yeah, Dogma was great stuff. Better than Mallrats in any case. Just my opinion.

Quote from: mickO))) on January 13, 2020, 04:57:48 PM
For me I think Jay and Silent Bob is his best film the only other one that comes close is Clerks. I haven't seen Clerks 2 yet. One film hated though was Dogma. I haven't seen it in years must rewatch this week.

I think Jay and Silent bob is bit like Deuce Bigalow European Gigolo. Deuce has such a bad reputation among all the critics but it's one of the funniest films ever made. I couldn't believe how good it was and every person I have recommended it to that watched it, loved it.

I quite liked the first Deuce Bigalow, but European Gigolo was the first film I ever left the cinema early from

Quote from: Trev on January 13, 2020, 07:22:01 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on January 13, 2020, 04:57:48 PM

I quite liked the first Deuce Bigalow, but European Gigolo was the first film I ever left the cinema early from

Really? I thought the first one was awful so I was reluctant to watch the second then one day when I was in a friends house he put it and refused to put anything else on I was shocked by how good it was.

Yep, I really lkked a lot of his stuff, Dogma very good. There was one Jersey girl or something..think I checked out then. First Clerks was class for it's time, still a decent watch. Really liked Chasing Amy, Clerks 2 and Mallrats also.

Just back from 1917. Fantastic film, slightly spoiled by the fact that...

Spoiler
the climax of the fucking thing is in the fucking trailer!
[close]

The whole donkey show part of Clerks II is some of the funniest shit I have ever seen "I'm sorry Jesus!"  :laugh:
The Lighthouse is stellar!

Dogma is the best of the bunch!

Another thumbs up for Dagma here.
Some of his others are decent enough, for those types of films.
But Dogma was the most memorable.

Just back from seeing 1917. Fantastic piece of work,  I thought.  A simple story well told and the cinematography was a joy to look at.  That's how you do CGI- used when needed without intruding on the overall feel of the film.  Thoroughly enjoyable watch.

Trailer for Danzig's new horror movie, Verotika. https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/glenn-danzig-horror-movie-verotika-trailer-938012/

As Vulture reported after the premiere, Danzig told the audience during a Q&A, "You guys laughed at the stuff I wouldn't have laughed at."

Being optimistic, it might be so bad, it's good. Wouldn't bet on it, mind.

Quote from: Emphyrio on January 15, 2020, 09:53:39 PM
Trailer for Danzig's new horror movie, Verotika. https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-news/glenn-danzig-horror-movie-verotika-trailer-938012/

As Vulture reported after the premiere, Danzig told the audience during a Q&A, "You guys laughed at the stuff I wouldn't have laughed at."

Being optimistic, it might be so bad, it's good. Wouldn't bet on it, mind.

Danzig has not been right since he got that slap from the stout traveller lookin fella....

Dogma is the second best. And is a brilliant film. Chasing Amy, Jay & Silent Bob are well good and Clerks 2 is alright. But it's Clerks all the way as his best. A tour de force of a debut made for under 30000 dollars. Total breath of fresh air at the time. And it has the scene where the contractor explains to Dante how he wouldn't have taken a job on the Death Star.