Quote from: Sworntothecans on October 22, 2024, 03:12:18 PM
Quote from: Abandon All Hope on October 20, 2024, 07:42:26 AMTerrorvision
The video dead
city of the living dead
Rec (original)

Solid lineup there. Might finish the 31 days of horror with The Gates Of Hell trilogy myself.

Good call. I'm thinking of a Fulci double for my birthday: Zombi 2 and The Beyond. Four of the Apocalypse is on Prime. I might throw that in the mix for a change of pace.

Watched some more horror over the weekend:
X
Pearl
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge
Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich

Quote from: Mooncat on October 23, 2024, 06:25:41 AMThe Substance. Holy shit, go in completely blind if you can. Bonkers film that's a really loving tribute to 80s b-movie horror. Tons of fun, and Society levels of WTF-ness  :laugh:

I second going in blind for The Substance and I'm so glad I did!

Absolutely deadly film that just gets progressively more absurd as it goes on. The last 30 minutes or so are amazing.

It's been a long while since I've pointed at the tv in utter wtf-ness whilst laughing my arse off at it all. ;D

Quote from: Maggot Colony on October 23, 2024, 09:32:13 AM
Quote from: Sworntothecans on October 22, 2024, 03:12:18 PM
Quote from: Abandon All Hope on October 20, 2024, 07:42:26 AMTerrorvision
The video dead
city of the living dead
Rec (original)

Solid lineup there. Might finish the 31 days of horror with The Gates Of Hell trilogy myself.

Good call. I'm thinking of a Fulci double for my birthday: Zombi 2 and The Beyond. Four of the Apocalypse is on Prime. I might throw that in the mix for a change of pace.

Watched some more horror over the weekend:
X
Pearl
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge
Puppet Master: The Littlest Reich

Plex is another good spot for old horror too. Couple of Video Nasties on it the last time I checked.

Creepshow (1982) :  Good

Creepshow 2 (1987): Just Ok

Gave Speak No Evil a watch the other night. Pretty good now, although it kind of feels familiar. James McAvoy is some actor to be fair. Great performance

It's a remake of a Danish film that came out a couple of years back, the original was great, might give the new one a go but I can't imagine a US remake would be as dark.

Been racking up the horrors in the run up to Halloween:

Evil Dead 1-3
Demons
Demon Wind
Re-Animator
Fright Night
Brain Damage

Will definitely squeeze in a bunch more over the next week, but I usually save Night of the Demons for the night itself since it's set on Halloween.

Just watched Smile, what a pile of shit. Should have called it Telegraphed Jump Scares.

Ticked off a few from this year last few days

Oddity and substance. Both worth the hype.