Waiting for the 4k disc for a rewatch, but it was definitely more memorable than whatever Ridley shat out with Fassbender in terms of set pieces and pacing.

Started the new Ghostbusters last night and was quite enjoying it, but I fell asleep. Damn age ha ha ha. Will have to finish it tonight

Watched the new Beetlejuice. Was an enjoyable enough romp but not a patch on the original. Had amazing effects and set design though in that classic Tim Burton way. That musical scene though...

Watched Demon Knight for the first time. Holy fuck i enjoyed it so much. Given it was a Tales From the Crypt film I was expecting it to be for kids, like a Goosebumps sort of level, so I was pleasantly surprised at how gory and gooey and adult in general it was. Billy Zane gives a bit of an all-timer performance in this. Absolutely perfect as the smooth, oily demon/devil, and utterly hilarious too. That ho dunk po dunk had me in stitches long after the scene had passed.

Quote from: Mooncat on October 19, 2024, 12:07:34 AMWatched Demon Knight for the first time. Holy fuck i enjoyed it so much.

Bit of a hidden gem, that one. One of my favourite soundtracks too.

Solid day of 80s Halloween movies today: Ghostbusters and The Witches of Eastwick.

Bought DVD of 'The Booksellers' about Antiquarian bookshop eccentrics.  Supposed to be good.

Terrorvision
The video dead
city of the living dead
Rec (original)

Another weekend - another Gerard Butler film. This time; "Greenland" - solid, tense What If? thriller without the the usual dumb actioner histronics.

Gerry B. plays John Garrity - a structural engineer who has to get his family to safety before a massive country-destroying comet hits the earth. And he's just that - there's no "Jesus Christ, it's John Garrity - that guy is ex-special forces!" or "Dammit to hell! That's John Garrity. The guy who saved an entire town from a fire". 

Also watched the newly released "Woman Of The Hour" on Netflix - which was absolutely fantastic.

Directed by and starring Anna Kendrick - it's a dark thriller based on a real-life event that you're better off not knowing much about going into it if you're not familiar with the story (I had never heard about it).

Seen the ttrailer for 'Woman of the Hour' and added it to my list on Netflix immediately. Looks like it will a good watch.

On the Gerry Buttler train, there isn't mush he's done that disappoints.
Except maybe that dodgy Dracula flick he did way back. Even Geostorm was bit of ridiculous fun.
Greenland was decent enough, though.
He hasn't done anything really good in a few years, but I'm hoping the new Den Of Thieves flick will be up to the quality of the first one.

I think he needs to do anoth Fallen sequel too.
I could watch those cheesy bastards on a loop.

Quote from: jobrok1 on October 21, 2024, 11:05:01 AMSeen the ttrailer for 'Woman of the Hour' and added it to my list on Netflix immediately. Looks like it will a good watch.

Except maybe that dodgy Dracula flick he did way back. Even Geostorm was bit of ridiculous fun.
He hasn't done anything really good in a few years, but I'm hoping the new Den Of Thieves flick will be up to the quality of the first one.

I thought that "Plane" from last year was a great watch. "Kandahar" was solid enough too.

"Den Of Thieves" (as mentioned before) is way better than it has any right to be. I hope the sequel will be as good.

I think "Angel Has Fallen" was where I'd leave that series of movies. It was alright but not great.

Nah!
There's another solid '...Fallen' in him yet.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on October 21, 2024, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: jobrok1 on October 21, 2024, 11:05:01 AMSeen the ttrailer for 'Woman of the Hour' and added it to my list on Netflix immediately. Looks like it will a good watch.

I thought that "Plane" from last year was a great watch. "Kandahar" was solid enough too.

"Den Of Thieves" (as mentioned before) is way better than it has any right to be. I hope the sequel will be as good.

I think "Angel Has Fallen" was where I'd leave that series of movies. It was alright but not great.

Den Of Thieves was great (g'wan Gerry you finally got the accent right!). Sequel looks awful.

Watched that 2019 Tolkien biopic last night. Decent watch, not a great movie by any stretch but I appreciated the angle of focusing on the particular arc of his childhood friend group rather than trying to tell his whole life story. They even resisted the temptation of throwing CS Lewis in!

Quote from: Abandon All Hope on October 20, 2024, 07:42:26 AMTerrorvision
The video dead
city of the living dead
Rec (original)

Solid lineup there. Might finish the 31 days of horror with The Gates Of Hell trilogy myself.

The Substance. Holy shit, go in completely blind if you can. Bonkers film that's a really loving tribute to 80s b-movie horror. Tons of fun, and Society levels of WTF-ness  :laugh: