#360 November 26, 2019, 07:15:21 PM Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 07:32:34 PM by Pedrito
I thought the flimsiness of the role reflected perfectly the 'flimsiness' of Tate's star power. She is far more famous for what happened to her than for any of the work she did. Didn't feel Pitt was dialling anything in, and isn't it great to see a bit of foot fethishism in today's sanitised, dumbed down environment. More of the same please.

I didn't get much out of the film and I usually enjoy Tarantino. I appreciate that he is doing whatever he pleases and that is always to be lauded,  particularly as film and tv seems to be ever more designed around algorithms. Still though,  one of the most important aspects of Tarantino's films was lacking from this one, namely zippy, sharp and witty dialogue. This one seemed a bit languid by his standard.  No doubt that was intentional,  but yeah,  it left me wanting.

I liked it a lot, even saw it twice when it came out at the cinema. The attention to period detail is really well done. I'm not even that much of a Tarantino fan TBH but this was a great film.

Finally watched Joker. Phoenix is unreal but the movie is maybe a 7/10.

Also Rambo Last Blood. Not as good as 4 but some nice carnage.

The Irishman is out on Netflix today,  yeah? I will give it a go (with scepticism).

I loved watching The Irishman on the big screen but by fuck it would have been nice to be able to hit pause and go for a tea break and stretch the legs a bit!

i watched it last night at home.i was only planning on watching half of it but ended up finishing it. i really enjoyed it, not the best but still very good.
when i first saw joe pesci i was thinking is that actually him! he looks fucking strange now. probably cos he has not been in any films in years nearly 20 years.

If it's as good as My Cousin Vinny I'll be happy. Marisa Tomei..jaysissssssss

Ineed.. 54.. she'd still get it!

You'd have to dig me out of her

:laugh: :laugh:

On the train atm watching hocus pocus  ;D Man Sarah Jessica Parker is fucking MINT in it

You're looking forward to the sequel, so?

Quote from: Aborted on November 29, 2019, 11:14:18 PM
Ineed.. 54.. she'd still get it!

Mental.  Last night I watched the utter crap that is The Lincoln Lawyer and she was in it.  Haven't seen her in anything in years.  Just fired on The Irishman so if she's in it,  that'll help pass three and a half hours  :o

#373 November 30, 2019, 06:35:46 PM Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 11:16:50 PM by Carnage
She's not in The Irishman.

I watched it last night, it's OK. Overlong (a good hour could easily have been trimmed from it), up and down in terms of the performances and effectiveness of the de-aging CGI, storyline is fine if stretched out a bit. Pesci comes out of it best I think, nicely restrained performance.

Watching the Irishman atm, a good 2.5 hrs in to it and it's a hard slog. 
I'm not overly impressed but it tbh as it's nothing that they all haven't done before to varying degree's but like said above Pesci is like the polar opposite of what he is normally like in these movies which is nice to see.