As discussed in the Belinus thread. Shit turnouts, poor performances but there seemed to be a fair few of these. Definitely seen Primordial one year - they seemed to not be able to get out of the place fast enough which is a complete rarity for them.

I'd love to get a look at the lineups couldn't find much online.

#1 December 04, 2022, 05:27:09 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 05:36:39 PM by Despondent_Soul2
Dont think you will find much info about them, not surprisingly. Hexxed, Mael Mordha, Belinus, Primordial, Aftermath (dont think had become Altus Astrum yet) some of the names, and could be any number of utter shit local bands from the time. Secrets of the moon or whatever called - was their Belfast date one of the Yuletide gigs? I remember seeing them in Rosetta but not sure if one of those nights. Did Waylander play any of them? Do remember their bass player at time possibly got barred one of them nights? Possibly Mourning Beloveth? I remember them playing KatyDalys/Limelight couple times but not yuletide from memory.

Memories are hazy I distinctly remember going to two, they were between Xmas day and New Years right?

The lineups were always good in terms of best of local talent at the time. I think Madder Mortem headlined the other one I went to but again pretty poor.

I was going to say Paradise Lost headlined but that was "Full Metal Racket" and it was April, by Jaysus that was a woeful event, PL were horrendous

Primal Dawn possibly at one as well? Yeah it was sometime round New Years. Not sure bout Madder Mortem - def a few headliners i missed due to the drink.

Possible they cancelled but I do remember their name was in the mix at some point - so hard to recall at this stage.

StandUpGuy, DevilMakesThree, HFC etc etc are some of the other usuals from those times. Who knows, when CT swings by he might fill in the gaps

Madder Mortem didn't cancel; that was the only one of these I went to. Bus was organized from Dublin. I'd a good night and don't remember turnout being poor by any local standards. Was certainly messy as they come though, and yeah, perhaps even messier than most!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 04, 2022, 06:21:45 PMMadder Mortem didn't cancel; that was the only one of these I went to. Bus was organized from Dublin. I'd a good night and don't remember turnout being poor by any local standards. Was certainly messy as they come though, and yeah, perhaps even messier than most!

Grim turnouts all of them, but standard then really. Im amazed you have no horror stories like your Bush Tavern run after some of the shenanigans that happened at yuletide gigs!! Maybe Madder Mortem year was one of the more sensible ones? Who else on that year do you remember? Rosetta different craic altogether

QuoteMadder Mortem didn't cancel;

Great, not losing my mind so. Can remember very little of the performance. I don't remember the turnout being good though, not much more than 100.

I bought Madder Mortem - Desiderata back in 06. Pretty sure it got a 5/5 on MI. Really enjoyed it depaite it being something I wouldn't usually go for. Must give it a lash again.

I have one of their albums too. The name escapes me. CT used to bang on about them a lot so I checked them out. There was one song that was exceptional but the rest went in one ear and out the other. I might root it out for a reappraisal.

I had the same buzz with The Gathering. I bought Nighttime Birds and loved the opener,  On Most Surfaces, but the rest was pure grand. I revisited it a couple of weeks ago and had much the same experience. I think I heard that one on The Metal Show back in ze day.

#11 December 04, 2022, 09:09:23 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:18:54 PM by Paul keohane
Dominus from Cork played the same year as Primordial,a mini bus went up from Cork.Im certain it was 2003,i actually have photos somewhere.

Ah yes Dominus! I remember being on gig with them in Letterkenny (i think!) along with Abbadon Incarnate, DevilMakesThree, Dawn (not THAT Dawn!) and others. Sound guys. Most of the bands ended up in some random field, starting a bonfire and getting baked/pissed that night. Woke up in said field after sleeping in Jason Bariskills car, lit up a special rollie surrounded by cows!! Farmer was NOT happy. Actually unearthed Dominus slipcase demo thingy from round that time recently.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on December 04, 2022, 06:21:45 PMMadder Mortem didn't cancel; that was the only one of these I went to. Bus was organized from Dublin. I'd a good night and don't remember turnout being poor by any local standards. Was certainly messy as they come though, and yeah, perhaps even messier than most!

Was on the bus from Dublin too. Turnout was so so. I think For Ruin played too. A messy night indeed.

Found this, wasn't at this one for sure

The Yuletide Metal Meeting 2005
Dec 27th 2005, Rosetta Bar, Belfast

She Said Destroy (Norway)
Fallen (Belfast)
Wreck of the Hesperus (Dublin)
Mass Extinction (Dublin)
Chosen (Dublin)
The Nexus (Belfast)