Hearing Fear Factory on an ad for TVs in the late 90s took me by surprise, but Metallica? No.

Quote from: Carnage on June 08, 2024, 01:22:01 PMHearing Fear Factory on an ad for TVs in the late 90s took me by surprise

They'd Body Hammer in an ad for Time Out Bars too. Dino probably got paid with a pallet of chocolate.

:laugh:  That'd be a grand afternoon for him.

That ad with the speedboat is what got me into Fear Factory. Remember going to Virgin and finding the track before I bought Demanufacture.

On the Metallica thing, just saw Oranssi Pazuzu post a pic of Hetfield wearing their shirt. That surprised me.

Ha, wouldn't mind seeing that. Instagram?

5 years ago today that they played Slane. I didn't go because Lars, but I'm more raging that I missed The Cure, who played Malahide Castle that day.

The Cure were amazing that day.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 08, 2024, 01:52:20 PMHa, wouldn't mind seeing that. Instagram?

It was. Checked and it's gone but a quick Google sats he was seen wearing it on a few occasions and he added them, along with HoF and Pallbearer, to a playlist for some mag also.

Quote from: open face surgery on June 08, 2024, 01:46:55 PMThat ad with the speedboat is what got me into Fear Factory. Remember going to Virgin and finding the track before I bought Demanufacture.

On the Metallica thing, just saw Oranssi Pazuzu post a pic of Hetfield wearing their shirt. That surprised me.

That's what made me sit up and find out who it was as well back in the day!

Quote from: Carnage on June 08, 2024, 01:22:01 PMHearing Fear Factory on an ad for TVs in the late 90s took me by surprise, but Metallica? No.

I think these days the idea of selling out is kind of an outdated Gen X notion. For the young ones now, getting your music in an ad/show/film/viral etc is the goal. They are all about making the money any way they can.

Side note: there have been some videos of Metallica going about lately where they're playing in Bulgaria (I think) during a lightning storm. There were some very timely lightning strikes during MoP and Creeping Death that were pretty awesome along with the music. Making me rethink going to see them when they visit here in August.

#444 June 08, 2024, 05:54:23 PM Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 05:56:37 PM by Mooncat
Seems like it was Munich. The teen in me is loving how badass this is  :laugh:

There are other vids on YouTube of other strikes throughout the song too. Lots during the guitar harmony part and heavy riff right after.

Quote from: astfgyl on June 08, 2024, 03:59:35 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on June 08, 2024, 01:46:55 PMThat ad with the speedboat is what got me into Fear Factory. Remember going to Virgin and finding the track before I bought Demanufacture.

That's what made me sit up and find out who it was as well back in the day!

Oddly, if my memory serves me, sometimes it said "Soundtrack by Fear Factory" and other times it didn't. I think was an ad for dvd when that was starting out.

Can't find the English language version:

Lol it shows the new telly with the lyrics "the conscious man is dead and I buried him"

Quote from: Mooncat on June 08, 2024, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: Carnage on June 08, 2024, 01:22:01 PMHearing Fear Factory on an ad for TVs in the late 90s took me by surprise, but Metallica? No.

I think these days the idea of selling out is kind of an outdated Gen X notion. For the young ones now, getting your music in an ad/show/film/viral etc is the goal. They are all about making the money any way they can.

Licencing to movies/tv etc is always lucrative. Anywhere from 50k to half a mill depending on the project.

I'd argue that the biggest pay they had outside touring in the last year was Fortnite.

IIRC Skoda had Onslaught in one of their ads in the early 90s.