Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 05, 2023, 05:01:45 PMSince ye're talking about newer albums though; I stopped paying attention when Fat Of The Land came out. Just didn't really dig it, not what I was looking for from The Prodigy. But any of the albums later than that worth a listen, given my reason for stopping listening in the first place?

In that case, having heard them all except the most recent, I'd say leave it off. You won't find much in there. Invaders has a couple of decent tunes but it's fairly in the fat of the land vein through a more modern lens

Gotta say that last time I saw them Keith and Maxim were annoying enough. The constant shouts and hype were grating. Still a great show though.

That was an amusing read but the editorial style is hard going. Reminds me of religiously reading Metal Hammer in the 90s and thinking the writers were oh so witty and clever. Hard going as an adult.

I was never big into The Prodigy but I did like them to a degree. Saw them live at Trip to Tip in 97 which was fun. Did Foo Fighters play that day too? I remember drinking around one can at 12 in the afternoon and being pissed all day haha.

I only saw em at the same one! Bought a dud trip and a flagon of devils bit the minute I got my 14 year old arse into the town for it. Got fucked out for surfing during flu fighters but got back in well before the Prodigy. They were the only two good bands on the day really

Ya, I had to go back over a few bits wonder what the fuck they were on about.  :laugh:

Kula Shakur, Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Manics, Reef and The Cardigans. Used to have the poster on my wall but was too young to go.

I remember drunkenly standing in the crowd talking to a skin head Metaller about Cannibal Corpse during The Cardigans and growling the lyrics to Stripped, Raped and Strangled while everyone looked at us like we were the stupidest retards in Ireland. I thought it was so cool at the time  :laugh:  fucking dismal lineup alright but I think Foo Fighters and Prodigy were the draw for me.

Cardigans were great live. Saw them at the Big Day Out in Galway in '96, the Sabbath covers drew me in but their own stuff went down well.

#39 July 06, 2023, 11:43:58 AM Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 11:46:26 AM by open face surgery
My Favourite Game is a great tune. Can't really remember anything else by them so went looking. Lovefool and Erase and Rewind are also belters. Back when pop was more band orientated, and good. May even check out an album.

Edit: Carnival is also a banger. Mad how well you can remember tunes that you haven't heard in 20 odd years.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 05, 2023, 10:23:09 PMYa, I had to go back over a few bits wonder what the fuck they were on about.  :laugh:

Kula Shakur, Prodigy, Foo Fighters, Manics, Reef and The Cardigans. Used to have the poster on my wall but was too young to go.

I was there. Cracking gig. All were good but Manics, Foos and the Prodigy were all lethal.

Quote from: Carnage on July 06, 2023, 12:18:53 AMCardigans were great live. Saw them at the Big Day Out in Galway in '96, the Sabbath covers drew me in but their own stuff went down well.

Aye they were good that day. Radiohead were immense. Nenah cherry was ok and divine comedy were a bit of a laugh.

Radiohead were mighty alright, right at their peak. I don't remeber Neneh Cherry at all TBH. Was Ian Brown on the same day?  I went to two of those and they both blend into one this far on.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 05, 2023, 05:45:50 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 05, 2023, 05:01:45 PMSince ye're talking about newer albums though; I stopped paying attention when Fat Of The Land came out. Just didn't really dig it, not what I was looking for from The Prodigy. But any of the albums later than that worth a listen, given my reason for stopping listening in the first place?

In that case, having heard them all except the most recent, I'd say leave it off. You won't find much in there. Invaders has a couple of decent tunes but it's fairly in the fat of the land vein through a more modern lens

Cool, good enough for me. Listened to Fat Of The Land earlier today to double check my sentiment on it. Still much the same, couple great tracks, but too many that just don't do it for me at all.

Went to play The Fat Of The Land earlier and it's scratched, which is a pain. It was reissued with bonus tracks a few years ago, I'll have to nab that.