It's been renewed as well, so that's good news.

I watched the "Waco" mini-series over the past week. I really enjoyed it and they stayed close to the truth. Some of the sequences are shot-for-shot of the news/documentary footage. Taylor Kitsch is great as David Koresh and Michael Shannon is just brilliant in everything that he does but Paul Sparks nearly steals the show from both of them as Steve Schneider - Koresh's right-hand man.

There's a very solid cast in it including John Leguizamo, Julia Garner (Ozark), Rory Culkin, Denmore Barnes (The Unit), Glenn Fleshler (Barry) and the ever-excellent Shea Whigham who, to me at least, should have had a starring role in a TV show by now.

In the same vein there's a Jonestown mini-series. It's supposed to be on Amazon Prime but I can't find it on there.

Has anyone seen "The Family" on Netflix? The trailer looks interesting. 

Currently watching "G.L.O.W." season 3. Chewing gum for the eyes.

Finished up Swamp Thing. Thought it was pretty well done and set up nicely for a second season so was a real shame to hear it was cancelled. Be great if Prime or Netflix picked it up.

Few episodes into Perpetual Grace LTD. Seems to be toeing a strange line between riveting moments and awkward clunky dialogue but it's working somehow!

I was reading a thing about Amazon's new LOTR series a few days ago. Seems it won't be LOTR at all since it's going to be set in the second age of Middle Earth. This is great news, since it'll be stories most folk aren't familiar with. The only restriction on the writers is that they can't contradict anything from the canon (Unfinished Tales, etc.), but where nothing is said they can improvise. Personally I'm very glad to hear it's not just a serialisation of LOTR.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 15, 2019, 05:35:24 PM
I was reading a thing about Amazon's new LOTR series a few days ago. Seems it won't be LOTR at all since it's going to be set in the second age of Middle Earth. This is great news, since it'll be stories most folk aren't familiar with. The only restriction on the writers is that they can't contradict anything from the canon (Unfinished Tales, etc.), but where nothing is said they can improvise. Personally I'm very glad to hear it's not just a serialisation of LOTR.

First I've heard about that  ??? given the silly money Amazon have, it would be interesting to how much they will put into it... then again doesn't matter how good it looks if it has shitty writing!

Multiple seasons, what will be the most expensive show created to date, all based on never-before-filmed content. I can't wait. Just please, please, please don't balls it up!

Has anyone watched the Marvel stuff on network TV? Gave Inhumans and Runaways a go. Inhumans seems retarded and Runaways straddles a weird line where it's too kiddy for adults to enjoy but has a few bits defo not appropriate for kids.

Watched Swamp Thing, didn't think it was great. Suppose I was spoiled having just come off Daredevil and The Punisher, which were class.

Mindhunter season 2 out today. That's my evening sorted.

Just fired it up.  High hopes.

Same as that. I'm partway through a ridiculous amount of other things but the first season was so good that I can't wait.

The Mandelorian trailer is out, looks like it has potential, the cinematography looks like a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw&;

Quote from: ldj on August 24, 2019, 09:16:20 AM
The Mandelorian trailer is out, looks like it has potential, the cinematography looks like a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8E8z_ifw&

Been waiting for this, really hope they don't balls it up and try to force comedy bits into it etc etc

#297 August 27, 2019, 09:31:45 AM Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:33:29 AM by StoutAndAle
Inhaled all of "Mindhunter" season two over a few days. Very enjoyable.

The use of Roxy Music's "In Every Dream Home a Heartache" over the cold opening of the first episode is pitch perfect and incredibly creepy. I won't spoil it for those who've not seen it but I did get a chuckle when, in the same week, that piece of music was used in "Mindhunter" to deeply unsettling effect and then in an ad for Gucci perfume in the cinema with a load of floppy haired lads prancing around carefree on a beach having the craic.

Binged "City On A Hill" last week. Set in 90s Boston... sorry Baaaaastaaan... against the real life back-drop of a city racked with political corruption, racism and violence. Kevin Bacon is the lead with a decent set of supporting players including Aldis Hodge and Jonathan Tucker. It's all about Bacon though - he's playing an absolute bastard and you can see he's loving every minute of it. What makes it stand out is that it's true to its 90s roots, the soundtrack is spot on and they even shot it like classics of that era "Homicide: Life On The Street" and "NYPD Blue". Renewed for a second season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byN6yQ8e9nc

coupla episodes into Mindhunter season 2...just class

Second the "City on a Hill" recommendation. Good show and Kevin Bacon is savage in it. I see Matt Damon and Ben Affleck are producers as well.